Women's basketball: ORU tops TU in Mayor's Cup - Tulsa World (11-22-2008)

ORUTerry

Women's basketball: ORU tops TU in Mayor's Cup

By LYNN JACOBSEN World Sports Writer

11/22/2008  5:46 PM

(excerpt)

There’s something about playing a rival that fires up Janae Voelker.

The Oral Roberts junior forward flirted with her career high, finishing with 21 points in a 65-50 victory over crosstown rival Tulsa on Saturday afternoon in the Mayor’s Cup game at the Mabee Center.

“It’s easy to get motivated for these games,” said Voelker, who finished two points shy of her career high 23 set last year against Oklahoma State. “Tulsa has been a good team. They’ve been places we want to go. Everyone had their moment today. If one player wasn’t hitting, another player would.”

The victory was the third straight for ORU over Tulsa and the 27th overall in the series......

Link to Tulsa World Sports Extra

Congrats...big win over TU and the finish of a great week!..... :-)

The Mad Professor strikes again!!  :-P

Great win for the ladies - and not a single word mentioned about it on the TU message board.

Resignation?  Denial?  Green envy? 

Who cares - I love CTS!!  :-D

I am curious to hear what everyone (especially Eaglevoice) thinks of the TU team? Do you think that we have a better team? I know that we have the better coach!

I would say they have better athletes, we have better basketball players/scorer's. And, CLEARLY much better coaching.

CTS makes no adjustments and strange substitution patterns.

Also, we have three starter/significant contributors in street clothes right now, so we will be MUCH better by year's end.

I don't think CTS will be employed by TU after this season.

Thanks, Voice.

I totally agree with you.

Also, our band blows the TU crew out of the water! Hope that those fans that ventured over from 11th & Harvard to the Mabee Center ask their band to "step it up".

Quick question for you. What is the injury status on Carol Volpato (Hope that I spelled in correctly)?

Is she red shirting this year?

Also, our band blows the TU crew out of the water! Hope that those fans that ventured over from 11th & Harvard to the Mabee Center ask their band to "step it up".

I agree with you that the ORU band is MUCH better than TU.  However, TU's band is SO much better than they used to be years ago.