Last Night's Coaches' Show

tmh8286

I don't do a particularly good job of remembering all of the stuff that they talk about on the Coaches' Show, but there was one BIG bit of news that I'm surprised no one has mentioned. When asked about Ken Tutt, Sutton said that things are going VERY well, much better than expected, and that he's expecting Ken to be back on the court, PLAYING, two to three weeks before the end of the season.

Scott said that this is a much better prognosis than they had originally received. At that point they weren't expecting him back at least until the Mid-Con Tournament.

This is heap big good news for the Golden Eagles.

I meant to post something about that today. Getting Tutt back will be a nice boost for the club. That said, we need to get the ball into Chris Riouse's hands and give him open looks. The kid can shoot (15 of 29 from 3-point line for 51.7% - he shot 50% last year) and we are going to need his ability to break the zone defenses we will see.

Chris was playing on two bum legs (severe shin splints) last year that have not totally healed - and this year he hurts his foot. He has improved his defense from last year and we need him on the court as much as possible.

Agreed about Chris, he is lights on from 3, especially against a zone. But this year his D is much improved, and I would say is among the best on the team. As long as he can handle the load (considering his injury problems the last 2 seasons) I would say he needs to play 25+ minutes. Getting Ken back will be huge if we really get him back that early. All the guys are becoming better players with him gone, so when he returns, I believe we will be a better team for it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Pomeroy's new offensive rating gives Chris a score of 132.0, which would rank him in the top 50 in the country if he had played more minutes.

The ranking isn't a be-all, end-all evaluation of a player, but it is a good method of looking at a player's relative offensive efficiency.

Time to get Chris some more minutes, as long as he's able, while Ken is out.

Man! I missed that the first time I read that post!!! We need to report our moderator to our moderator!!! Get him banned. Kids read this board. What do we have to do to have a safe board that we can feel comfortable letting our children read????? What ever happened to setting a good example? What's next? This board coming out IN FAVOR of Wednesday night games???

JK Terry!

Sorry to poke fun at you Terry, but what kind of splints did you say he had? Gotta watch those typing errors.

On my keyboard, the 'n' and 't' are nowhere near each other...!

Guest EagleBackr
Chris was playing on two bum legs (severe shit splints) last year that have not totally healed

MY TOP TEN RESPONSES TO ORUTERRY'S POST:

10. Gives a whole new meaning to leg cramps

9. Wears two-ply Ace bandages for extra comfort

8. Result of too many week-long, deep woods camping trips

7. Same thing that happened to my Uncle Rufus in Mexico last year

6. Injury is being treated by Mr. Whipple

5. Currently seeking rare Dr. Scholl's/Pepto-Bismol endorsement deal

4. Has secret stash of Depends-brand ice packs

3. Explains why Coach Sutton says he "runs after every practice"

2. Must soak legs in continuously flushing whirlpool bath

1. Fears PA announcement of "CHRIS RIOUSE FOR ONE...TWO...EWWW!!"

MY TOP TEN RESPONSES TO ORUTERRY'S POST:

10. Gives a whole new meaning to leg cramps

9. Wears a two-ply Ace bandage for extra comfort

8. Result of too many week-long, deep woods camping trips

7. Same thing that happened to my Uncle Rufus in Mexico last year

6. Injury is being treated by Mr. Whiffle

5. Currently seeking rare Dr. Scholl's/Pepto-Bismol endorsement deal

4. Has secret stash of Depends-brand ice packs

3. Explains why Coach Sutton says he "runs after every practice"

2. Must soak legs in continuously flushing whirlpool bath

1. Fears PA announcement of "CHRIS RIOUSE FOR ONE...TWO...EWWW!!"

Absolutely brilliiant! You know, as soon as Terry finds out about his mistake he's going to end all of our fun!

Chris was playing on two bum legs (severe shin splints) last year that have not totally healed -

That may be more appropriate - but it's not nearly as much fun! I've laughed about that typo all evening.

What? I don't get it. What did Terry say?!?! :shock:

Guest EagleBackr
What? I don't get it. What did Terry say?!?! :shock:

...just read my quote of his original statement in my "Top 10" post - read it CAREFULLY...

Laughing with me or at me???

Well, I'll put it this way - it wouldn't have been nearly as funny if it had happened to someone else!