Tulsa World Article on National TV Deal

Mike Minyard

I just happened to notice that the story on this deal has made the top 10 most read articles in the last 24 hours.  I think people are intrigued over this news.  Please spread the word to your friends that live outside of town.  This will give alumni the chance to become ORU fans. 

A common excuse I've heard for years from alumni out of town is that they weren't really ORU fans because ORU was just too hard to follow.  Well now the time has come where everyone can watch us if they want too.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20081114_95_TheO630324

This needs to be trumpeted by the Alumni Office continually.....

It's a no brainer for the alumni office to organize watch parties throughout the country.  This is just a simple way to get people together to support ORU in a public setting.  There is no reason not to have an official place to watch the game in cities like Dallas, Washington D.C., Denver, etc.

People just have to visit: http://fcs.channelfinder.net/start.asp

The story is actually the third most read sports story on their website in the last 24 hours.  The ORU-TU preview story isn't even in the top 10.  So some people must think this is a big deal.  I'm actually surprised.

The story is actually the third most read sports story on their website in the last 24 hours.  The ORU-TU preview story isn't even in the top 10.  So some people must think this is a big deal.  I'm actually surprised.

For some reason, it appears to have struck a nerve with some of the TU faithful on their message board:  they're bending over backwards trying to discredit the deal.  :roll: