Rotnei Clark

Bogus Smith

From the floor of the film room, Arkansas completed their two-game exhibition season tonight with Rotnei Clark starting both games.  He played 30 minutes and 25 minutes, respectively in the two games. 

RC was perfect from the line tonight and finished the exhibition season without a miss from the free-throw line, connecting on all eight attempts. Clarke was also nine-of-15 from the three-point line in the preseason games.  He was the high scorer tonight at 20 points. 

Looks like he's getting a good start and earning his wish.

The TU message board refers to Clarke as "He Who Shall Not Be Named".  :lol:

They're still bitter about him not going there - they blame the Conley Clarke hire at ORU for souring things.

All recruiting crap aside, I just don't think RC and his entourage would have been a good fit with Doug Wojcik's "all for one, one for all" approach.

We offered that kid in the 8th grade I think; the recruiting hype went on in the pay board for years.  There was a natural letdown.  There was some pretty nasty stuff said, but the even nastier stuff stayed off the boards, thankfully.  It didn't help that there was someone posting as his C Clarke on our board for a minute.

In the end, I was more bothered over Kendall Durant, who we were supposed then sign and then ended up with Va Tech and turned out to be ineligible.  That was my bang head against wall moment.  :|