Now that's more like it!

ORUHomer

By the way. Does anyone know what the song is called that is played during that video. i hear it all the time but i don't know what it is from. In the early 90's i was into "Rave" music and there was a rave beat put to that song. classic.

I'm like most of you. The Video is class and it does give not only a fuzzy feeling but you got to know it is effecting the opposition. That video would win an award for powerful motivation. Thanks to our ORU friends for a great accomplishment in bringing ORU Basketball to the front. Please Coach if you read this message board try some 2/3 zone and match up zone and throw in a box and 1. Thanks Coach!! :lol: If you scowl we'll get you a Boblehead just like your dad's.

Please Coach if you read this message board try some 2/3 zone and match up zone and throw in a box and 1. Thanks Coach!! :lol: If you scowl we'll get you a Boblehead just like your dad's.

What? You didn't like the defense we played in the second half where four guys would stand around and watch the fifth guy chase his man to the basket for a lay-up? It takes lots of practice to pull off that kind of sophistication.

Larry was obviously the player of the game Saturday night. He played with a ton of confidence and seemed to be able to do no wrong. I hate to lose Tut, but I think Larry knows that he has to step it up for ORU to win. He may be the key player down the stretch since Caleb will continue to get zoned out.

Aside from the 3s making IUPUI pay for the zone, Larry had more room to maneuver inside with the defense collapsing on Caleb. If Larry can continue to play with confidence like that inside, I think that will really help open things up for Caleb as well. Maybe we could try some pick and roll with Larry and Caleb.

Guest Rob Marshall

Any ideas about how much it would cost to produce the game intro and book of 30 second commercial spots? Try $50K plus easy ... we got a steal of a deal so even if it does get a bit "tired" by the end of the season, we need to run them as often as possible. :idea:

Guest Rob Marshall
A scary thought - if, instead of scoring 77.8% from two point range for the game, we score 52% (which would have given an overall FG% of 52%), normally a good shooting percentage, we lose the game! Score would have been 72-76, bad guys win.

The point of this is to say our defense is killing us. According to the Ken Pomeoy stats referenced in another post, our adjusted defensive efficiency is ranked 187th in the NCAA. We've got to do better to get where we want to go.

Tim, that's assuming we got ZERO offensive rebounds and put-back opportunities. If we would have missed that many more shots, we would have most likely had 4 or 5 second chance scoring opportunities as well that don't factor in here.

IUPUI had eleven (11) offensive rebounds (thus second chance scoring opportunities for the game). Additionally, we held them to 41% FG shooting in the first half, including a cool 1-7 on 3FGs (14.3%). They caught fire in the second half during their little run when we went into our "soft" mode and improved on their FG%'s (53.3% FGs and 5-9 for 55.6% 3FGs).

Regarding Bluitt, his numbers were MUCH improved ... 3-6 FGs (2-5 3FGs), 7-9 FTs, 9 assists (to go with 2 turnovers), 2 rebounds, and 2 steals in 36 minutes of PT.

I only got to hear the last half of the game, but it sounded like your guys are geting their feet back under themselves.

WoW!! 70% shoting on the night is absoultely awesome.

Saturday Night was definately a good night for the men in Blue on both sides of T-Town.

Again congrats to the players, staff and the fans on a much deserved victory.

Take care.

Guest EagleBackr
By the way. Does anyone know what the song is called that is played during that video. i hear it all the time but i don't know what it is from. In the early 90's i was into "Rave" music and there was a rave beat put to that song. classic.

It's called "O Fortuna", from the opera "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff. It was featured in the movies "Glory" and "Die Harder". Wondering how I know all that? Just part of being the well-rounded Renaissance man that I am. That, and being able to blow spit bubbles...

Guest EagleBackr
don't get me wrong, i think the video is cool, but...not sure what were supposed to do while its playing.

Do what the rest of us do - watch the other team freak out!!

Guest EagleBackr
I hadn't thought about the distraction factor of the Spirit Sprint. I'm in Section H, and don't have too clear a view of the opponent's bench.

I have a perfect angle from my seats in Section A - trust me, the first time the "Wave of Darkness" sweeps over their bench like the Grim Reaper, half the team AND the coaching staff stops what they're doing and looks up! It looks kind of like the "last straw" - after all the other cr@p they've put up with throughout the game, they look like they're about ready to tackle ELI when he runs by their bench for his headfirst slide into the megaphones...

That's funny! I went to the women's game tonight and thought about what you said when they did the Spirit Sprint, but I really can't see the opposing bench very well from where I sit.

The crowd of kids is MUCH smaller for "YMCA" at the women's games, but I still watched the IUPUI bench while the song was being sung. They didn't seem too distracted.