Did you know . . .

tmh8286

. . . that early voters in Tulsa County have only their own conscience to prevent them from voting again tomorrow?

The question was put to a representative of the election board this AM by a reporter from KRMG radio, and he was told that there was really no system in place to prevent people from voting again, other than their own conscience, and the knowledge that they would be breaking the law if they voted twice.

That's disturbing to know :| . . .

Our system of voting is 'third world" in nature. the amount of apparent cheating is terribly corrosive to the republic. This is an issue that should and can be addressed - but it won't be. Just require a picture ID.... and prosecute people who violate election laws. Men have died for our freedom to vote - it is a shame we take it so lightly or abuse its privileges.

. . . that early voters in Tulsa County have only their own conscience to prevent them from voting again tomorrow?

The question was put to a representative of the election board this AM by a reporter from KRMG radio, and he was told that there was really no system in place to prevent people from voting again, other than their own conscience, and the knowledge that they would be breaking the law if they voted twice.

That's disturbing to know :| . . .

I hate to be the one asking the question, but it rears its ugly head with each new vote for the U.S. President: Why is it that the U.S. can't get a fair and orderly vote together? :|

I hate to be the one asking the question, but it rears its ugly head with each new vote for the U.S. President: Why is it that the U.S. can't get a fair and orderly vote together? :|

Because where there is money and power involved...there is corruption.

The whole election process needs massive reform.  Why do we vote on Tuesdays and not the weekend like the rest of the world?  Why do we have so many states that have sub-standard voting practices? (I can't believe Oklahoma is considered to be well off in this area.)  Why did it take so long for them to let me buy wine or beer on election night?

Thanks for posting the KRMG info.  I've wondered that before.  Heck, I've voted on some occaisions where they didn't ask for my ID, but just my last name and address.  Someone with a year's worth of obituaries and a phonebook could have a field day. :|

We can thank the County Commissioners scandal that rocked Oklahoma in the mid-1980's for our election process. I think everyone in the state uses the same scanned card process. The fact that we have a uniform system is unique I think. I agre that it is interesting that a seeming backward state like Oklahoma is ahead of more 'forward thinking' states.

It could be fixed fairly easily I think.... it just takes a will. No one benefits from the corrosive effect cheating (or its appearance) makes on the democratic system.

As a fan of Boston Legal, I have to say I thought their show last night was an hour of trying to sway voters, which I did not appreciate. They even had a member of their firm fly to Colorado to her second home because she thought her vote would be worth more there. We all need to work to change our voting system after this election is over.

Because one party doesn't want anyone to vote and the other party wants people to "vote early and vote often".