Jenny Hardin

oru86alum

This may be old news...but I noticed Jenny was not at the BBQ dinner with the rest of the team.  Mona sat at our table, so I asked her about it.  Apparently Jenny's foot never quite healed, so she quit the team.  I was very sorry to hear that, as I enjoyed watching Jenny play.  I especially like it when we have local talent on the team.  (Jenny was from Claremore.)

I'm sure that the decision was difficult, but I can't blame her if it meant a nagging injury (pain) throughout the season - and maybe thereafter. I hope she is alright and healing well.

This was in the paper a few days ago, 86:

Golden Eagles lose two senior starters

By LYNN JACOBSEN World Sports Writer

10/17/2008

Last Modified: 10/17/2008  2:52 AM

Oral Roberts is one of four Division I women's basketball teams in the state to open practice Friday.

But the Golden Eagles will do so without seniors Jenny Hardin and Rachel Watman.

Hardin most likely won't play this season "due to chronic lower leg injuries" while Watman chose to remain in Australia because of family issues.

Hardin, a 6-foot-2 forward from Claremore, averaged 13.1 points and 5.4 rebounds last season despite battling the nagging foot injury.

Watman, who was the Summit League's conference tournament MVP, averaged 12.6 points and 3.7 assists per game.

"Rachel has elected to remain in Australia and finish her education at the University of Sydney," ORU coach Jerry Finkbeiner said.

"We understand Jenny's injury situation and we support her decision. Jenny has been the face of our program and players like her are hard to replace. We wish them both the best."

The departures leave the Eagles with two full-time returning starters in Mariana Camargo and Janae Voelker. Camargo and center Monah Pegorari underwent knee surgery at the end of last season and probably won't be at full strength around Jan. 1, Finkbeiner said.

It's possible that Jenny could redshirt this year and play next year (she has never used her redshirt, having played right out of high school).  I'm sure Jerry is hopeful that she will heal well with a year's rest.

• 1 year later...

good to see jenny hardin playing again...too bad it's not w/oru.

Late rally not soon enough to rescue Eagle ladies

By Johnathan Warlick E-E Sports Reporter

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:30 AM CST

Rogers State jumped to an 11-2 lead early and never relinquished control in a 68-55 victory over host Oklahoma Welseyan on Tuesday in NAIA women’s basketball action.

RSU (2-0) was in firm control early and took a 32-18 lead into halftime, but the Lady Eagles (2-2) outscored their foe in the second half 37-36.

Rebecca Schluter led OWU with 16 points and 10 rebounds 7-of-10 shooting and made both of her free throws.

Jenny Hardin, a three-year starter at Oral Roberts University before coming to Rogers State after an injury, scored 20 points on 8-of-14 shooting with six rebounds.

It was an ugly game from both sides.

The Lady Eagles shot an abysmal 2-of-25 (8 percent) from beyond the arc and 19-of-62 (30 percent) from the field, while RSU shot 2-of-17 (11 percent) and 23-74 (31 percent) from the field.

TheEagleman wonders why she REALLY left ORU...?..... :!:

everyone wants to talk about her foot being the issue, but I can't understand this, if you foot hurts too bad to play div. 1 basketball, how can it not hurt too bad to play NAIA ball.....

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that Jenny plans to transfer her credits back to ORU so she can receive an ORU degree.

I've never heard a thing, but you just get the sense that there's a little more to the story than what we know.

Athough, in reality, that's probably always the case. |(

While Jenny was at ORU she played through a lot of pain and was an amazing competitor. If she can still play like she used to, then I'm disappointed to hear that she is playing somewhere else. She did a lot of dirty work under the basket, could really shoot from 3-point range and near the basket, and was a good rebounder as well. I would think that if she can still play like she used to, then she should be dominating at the NAIA/Div 2 level and scoring 20+ points per game. If she isn't playing that well, then maybe it is because she is no longer the same player she used to be before the foot injury. Only a guess...