Texas

ORU Eli

It was a good game.  But today the Longhorns wore black and white stripes, not burnt orange.  :?

I'm afraid im not picking up what you're putting down 'Grip...? I hope you're not referring to the officiating. It was bad on both sides. Please revisit the roughing-the-punter calls...especially the second one...could have cost us the game. Bad bad bad officiating. Thank the good Lord the good guys won.

I'm afraid im not picking up what you're putting down 'Grip...? I hope you're not referring to the officiating.

I sure am!  Absolutely the bad calls went both ways!  90% Texas, 10% OU ...both ways!  :-D

Please revisit the roughing-the-punter calls...especially the second one...

But the call was "running into the kicker" not "roughing the kicker."  Even if the OU punter acted like a soccer player (they usually do), the UT defensive player DID run into him.  There is no contact allowed.  Period.  So the penalty was justified as the 5-yarder, which gave OU the first down (not the more extreme 15-yarder).  There's really no debate on that one.

But kudos to Colt McCoy on his acting performance on TWO bogus unsportsman-like conduct calls against OU when he took the dives (or tripped over his own feet) out-of-bounds.  Talk about game-changing!  :-(

...could have cost us the game.
And I won't even begin to get into the overruled interception in the endzone that did cost OU the game.  :-o

Bad bad bad officiating.

You're right about that!  :x  :-D

That was an interception, yes. But our tight end was blantantly held before the ball was even released (the commentators showed it after the play) and there was no flag. So...if the play was call fairly it should have been an INT called back with a flag for holding.

Oh I don't...I was just answering Grip's whine about officiating. If the final margin was less than 10 points, I might try to sympathize but it wasn't and I haven't heard anybody else on TV or anywhere say anything about Texas being handed that game due to bad calls. In the end, they had more heart. I still think OU is more talented but Texas showed heart, grit, and determination - something we usually lack.

Question...If Texas Tech or OK State beats Texas and OU then beats Texas Tech/OK state...and everybody wins the rest of their games in conference...how do they decide who represents the south in the Big XII championship game??