ORU 4....NE State....1

theeagleman5

Nice win for the boys in blue....2 in a row....maybe they can continue the streak at IPFW this weekend.....was there a nice crowd in attendence last night?..... :-)

Attendance was average last Tuesday against NSU but it was also a school night during the week of midterms... and that actually made it 3 in a row (yes an actual winning streak).

Unfortunately we settled for a 0-0 draw Saturday night as we just couldn't find the back of the net at a weaker IPFW team. However, we played well yesterday against a solid Missouri Valley school in Eastern Illinois. We actually dominated much of the 2nd half and overtimes hitting the posts on multiple occasions, but again settled for another 0-0 tie.  Our 2 point leaders this season didn't play against EIU because of (hopefully minor) injuries. So hopefully they will be back for Centenary and TU this weekend.  Also, our D is looking great! This is the same back 4 that have started since the Oakland game, only allowing 1 (questionable) goal in over 400 minutes! Our new keeper Irv, now has 2 defensive player of weeks in a row. Our new assistant coach, Meach, is doing a great job with the defense. It was a long road trip, but 2 satisfying results made it much more enjoyable especially with our tendency to underperform on the road.  hopefully we can carry this momentum into these upcoming games.

So, you thinks Irv is better than Techanchuck?....defense has been playing a lot better....would love to see us handle the Gents and TU.... :-)

I think they both have their strengths... Techanchuck was actually the keep for the EIU game. Both are very solid, we can confidently play either one.

Glad to hear that Techanchuck is a good netminder....i went to school with his dad and he was a good guy...i heard he was the coach back some time ago....was he any good?... :-)

although i've met him a couple times i couldn't really tell you much about his coaching history. Not to make you feel old or anything, but that was wayyy before my time...  :-D

LOL....oh yeah, i hear ya....i went to school with Doug in the early to mid-70s....we were not friends but i knew who he was and he played on the team....i heard he was coach in the late 80s....i was more familiar with his older brother Bill who was asst Dean of Men back when i as in school and a major hammer.....a total putz....me and the boys of original Youngblood always enjoyed getting over on him..... :-D

Without being too harsh...DT wasn't much of a coach.  As I stated before, there were many practices when he was a "no-show".  Nothing like signing a D1 letter of intent to play college soccer only to have the school nearly shut down and drop to NAIA weeks before you arrive on campus.  If that wasn't painful enough, try running practice without a coach...he was a really nice guy that went to bat for his players.  However, a great coach he was not. 

I nearly transferred twice and at times sincerely wish I did.  However, I stuck it out and am now thankful as I met many great people and have lifelong friendships...and a wonderful wife that I wouldn't have met had I transferred.