CBS' Tony Mejia Loves the Eagles

TrueBlue82

CBS.Sportsline picks the Golden Eagles to move into a Mid-Con first-place tie tonight, with a 93-73 win over IUPUI at the Mabee Center. I'm not surprised at the outcome, just the predicted margin of victory.

Sounds like a nice homecoming win - I hope Caleb's shoulders are well-rested!

I'm still hoping that some of our reserve players are able to step up and help fill the shoes of Ken Tutt. I think having a little time to adjust to not having Tutt on the floor will help.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

I still think (hope) that ORU will have little trouble with IUPUI at home tonight. As always, the greater test of our mettle will be on the road.

I may be dead wrong, but I think Caleb and Larry can carry us to a win tonight, even without great guard play. Obviously, I'd like to see someone else step up, as it will renew hope in keeping us on top until Tutt returns, but I think the matchups against IUPUI are in our favor, especially at home.

Meloy and Ehambe are our best prospects for an improved outside threat. I talked to Drew at Valpo, and he REALLY wanted to play Monday night, but the Docs wouldn't clear him. He'll be pumped to play tonight, but probably too rusty to make a significant contribution.

Moses was relaxed and confident before the game Monday night, and made his first three pointer before going cold. In the second half, he turned down several open looks, and the coaches encouraged him from the bench to "keep shooting". I think we'll see him have a breakout game some night soon - it could be tonight!

Guest EagleBackr

...young, inexperienced players typically play better at home in cozier confines before their fellow students. Expect Moses, Yemi and Marchello to ALL step up their play tonight. GEagles 77, Jaggers 66.

Meloy and Ehambe are our best prospects for an improved outside threat.

How could I forget about Chris Riouse??? Great game tonight - his long range bombers definitely helped open up the defense.

Guest EagleBackr
...young, inexperienced players typically play better at home in cozier confines before their fellow students. Expect Moses, Yemi and Marchello to ALL step up their play tonight. GEagles 77, Jaggers 66.

Pretty much nailed the winning margin, just picked the wrong guys to be the difference makers - Riouse and Owens. Owens is more like the IUPUI style of player then the IUPUI players themselves are - slasher extrordinare. Riouse was the difference in the first half but mysteriously lost favor in the second half. We would have won by twenty like Tony Mejia predicted if Ehambe and/or Riuose were in the game late for ball handling purposes against the press instead of Yemi. Why do you have a guy who can't dribble, is tentative on all his passes (especially inbounds passes), and shoots only 50% on free throws in the game late while you're trying to protect a lead? And don't tell me it's for defense and rebounding because he did NEITHER the last five minutes. WE'RE UP TWENTY - GET THE "GOOD HANDS" TEAM OUT THERE!! That's where we missed Ken the most tonight - he's good at getting open in the backcourt against the press and getting to the free throw line. But, I guess a win is a win - we'll take it....