Oral Roberts Mention At Olympics...

ORU-sisko

Slight mention in regards to mens basketball and the fans from the Russian head basketball coach.

(about halfway down the page, its funny that he remembers one statement made probably 25-30 years ago)

http://olympicsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/sherrington-bestworst-of-the-g.html

Best fans _ Chinese. They cheered everyone, which could be confusing. Russia's men's basketball coach, David Blatt, who played point guard at Princeton, compared them with Oral Roberts fans. He told a story about inbounding a ball during a game at the faith-based school and hearing a fan sing out, "Hey, number thirty, you're playing a good game. Good luck."

HAHA...funny stuff....i guess that would have been the 1980 season....which i believe is the only visit Princeton has ever made to Mabee Center to date...we won that game, i think...that game was after my time at ORU but i attended the rematch the following 1981 season at Princeton when we beat the Tigers in OT....there were only a handful of us then Titan fans in attendence... :-D

If that comment encourages anybody to play on on our court, so be it. I hope they're not disappointed if that person isn't there anymore though. :-D