Lou holtz picks TU football

jazzo711

so i was just watching sportscenter and they were talking with lou holtz and asked him who he was picking as the surprise crasher of the bcs party....and he picked TU.  said he really liked this team, talked about how many returning players came back and all.....

i found it interesting. be interesting to see how the season turns out.

so i was just watching sportscenter and they were talking with lou holtz and asked him who he was picking as the surprise crasher of the bcs party....and he picked TU.  said he really liked this team, talked about how many returning players came back and all.....

i found it interesting. be interesting to see how the season turns out.

Lou's pick is the kiss of death.  Sorry, TU.

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt, the wet slobbery kiss of death.  :|

Guess we'll have to win in spite of Lou Holtz.  There are worse obstacles to overcome, such as being Rice University (if you think we're mean on our board, check out the things they say to us on their board).

The team is off to a nice start.  Charles Clay might be the best player we've ever had.  6'3 or 6'4, 240, and runs a 4.5 with great hands.  He may lead us in receiving, rushing, and sacks (he's playing defensive end, too).

Holtz's flavor of the week is now East Carolina - seems Lou has a Conference USA jones.

At least, until the Pirates get rolled by West Virginia this weekend.  Wonder whose C-USA bandwagon he'll pollute next:  Houston, when they upset OSU Saturday?

I'll be really surprised if Houston beats OSU.  Houston has talent, but they are very young.  Funny that BP stadium won't sell out tomorrow.

Holtz's son is the ECU coach -- that's the reason for the love.  In years past, Holtz wasn't even aware of what teams were in C-USA.  Of course, ECU doesn't even wear C-USA patches on their uniforms and they are generally hated across the league, so whether they are even a C-USA school is a topic for at least an interesting conversation.