ORU Coaches' Show....

ORUTerry

I listened to the show off and on and here are some of things I heard - please add details if you heard more:

Finkbeiner:

Losing Katie Langford for the season has meant more than was anticipated. She is our best defensive stopper and arguably the best athlete on the court. Finkbeiner has made the decision to scrap the up-tempo, platoon system and go back to a more traditional half-court set. This is obviously a big change and will take time for the team to adapt to. Said that he was glad they had some time to change systems.

Sutton:

Said that Tutt would have surgery today (Wednesday) and be out until the last week of the season - or maybe the conference tournament. Sutton said we obviously missed Tutt on Monday, but that Valpo is a very talented team and it would have been a tough contest regardless.

Sutton said that it will be good to get some practice time in over the next few days. With all the road games over the last several weeks we have not been able to put in a very much practice time. He said that Meloy may play this weekend. (that is a week earlier than I had heard) He did not mention Chris Riouse. He did say that we should expect to see a zone defense for the rest of the season until we can shoot better from the perimeter.

Finkbeiner:

Finkbeiner has made the decision to scrap the up-tempo, platoon system and go back to a more traditional half-court set.

Could see this coming in the last two women's games. Against a very strong Western Illinois team Finkbeiner needed his strongest players on the court at all times. By necessity, a platoon system mixes your stronger players with your weaker players on the court at all times. A team like WIU pokes holes in this system, and before the end of the game Finkbeiner was subbing in his strongest players rather than platooning.

Same in the Valpo game, right Stl VU Fan?

Could see this coming in the last two women's games. Against a very strong Western Illinois team Finkbeiner needed his strongest players on the court at all times. By necessity, a platoon system mixes your stronger players with your weaker players on the court at all times. A team like WIU pokes holes in this system, and before the end of the game Finkbeiner was subbing in his strongest players rather than platooning.

Same in the Valpo game, right Stl VU Fan?

Absolutely. I think he scrapped it against us before the mid-point of the 1st half. I was astounded that Leah Cannon did not start.

I forgot about Katie Langford, I agree that is a big loss.