Is this the next Mid-Con Player of the Year?

tmh8286

If he doesn't play at the next level maybe he could get a job as an extra for Tulsa Ballet.

I'd for sure give his pirouette a "10"!

898_348.ts1136949199562.jpg

Found this on the Valpo web site, and I thought it was funny.

Our puns are getting worse as we go....maybe we should give it up.....

Have a great day in Tulsa....hopefully VU will have great night tonight against IPFW...a very dangerous game after the emotional win over ORU....

Good point rlh, I hadn't thought of that. In addition, it's an away game for Valpo, and IPFW is on a three game winning streak.

Good luck in the game. I'll be listening!

Actually it's a home game for us...we beat them earlier at their place 74-68....they might be the best 5-11 team in the country...by the way, they are apparently trying again to get in the Mid-Con. Their AD said that was one of his goals during this weeks NCAA convention in Indianapolis

To be considered for entry into the Mid-Con, they should change their name.... what is it with the Indiana schools and the strange/extended names? How about Fort Wayne State?

Actually it's a home game for us...

My bad - I checked their schedule on KenPom.com and looked at the wrong line.

I'd heard that IPFW was playing a little better this year. They beat RPI #118 Indiana State a couple weeks ago. But if you guys play like you did Monday night, they don't stand a chance.

In answer to ORU Terry's question, the reason is because they are not an independent school. They are a part of Indiana University and Purdue University in a joint effort. My daughter graduated in Social Services from IUPUI, but her degree says Indiana University. She had to attend IUPUI the final year, because the Bloomington campus doesn't offer the final year for Social Services. IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis) and IPFW (Indiana-Purdue at Ft. Wayne) are actually state schools. There are others that the two schools have alone, but for whatever reason the Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne campuses are shared....that is why IUPUI is allowed to admit athletes that VU, and probably ORU, would never get by admissions. The standards, especially for in-state students, is not as stringent. IUPUI is very adamant about NOT allowing IPFW into the conference, or at least so I'm told

Thanks for the info about the school names... I thought it was a political thing. My point is still that their names invite ridicule. I guess that is why Indiana and Purdue want to keep it that way.

This is exactly why the old SW Missouri fought so long and hard (and Mizzu fought against) for their name to be changed to Missouri State. Add in the directional schools in Louisiana.

I have to agree...

Seriously, even as a fan, would it be easier to cheer for Oral Roberts/Valparaiso, or Central Oklahoma Christian College/Northwest Indiana Lutheran....

Anything directional (see: Eastern/Central/Western Michigan) just makes the school sound so useless, and so many letters (see: IUPUI, IPFW, SEMO) just makes it sound small and offers the opportunity to use the acronym against the school...

Just my two cents, and I definitely say that if they were an independent institution, Fort Wayne or Fort Wayne State would not sound too bad...

TheFreak

Guest EagleBackr

...I argued this at length ad nauseum on the Valpo board, but I'll say it again - the Mid-Con needs state or private schools from larger media outlets - not directional schools from sleepy towns. We should have let Belmont College out of Nashville in the conference when they applied, but we didn't, and we should have pursued the University of Denver when they went D-1, but we didn't. Adding the likes of IPFW, even if they are "the best 5-11 team in America" does NOTHING for the Mid-Con but further poison the RPI, while giving Valpo, IUPUI and Oakland ANOTHER easy road trip.