Tulsa World Tidbits

Old Titan

Couple of morsels from this morning's Tulsa World:

• Steve Cooper, former TU assistant basketball coach and ORU's radio color analyst for the past two years, has taken a job as head basketball coach at Claremore-Sequoyah high school.  No word on who the new color guy will be, or if Geoff Haxton will be flying solo.

• The Chicago Bulls have waived second-round draft pick and former OSU shooting guard JamesOn Curry.  Curry, as most of you probably remember, was a surprise pick in the 2007 NBA draft, and lived down to expectations while toiling in the D-league last year.  His singular professional "lowlight" was a misdemeanor conviction after Boise police arrested him for urinating in public.

Couple of morsels from this morning's Tulsa World:

• Steve Cooper, former TU assistant basketball coach and ORU's radio color analyst for the past two years, has taken a job as head basketball coach at Claremore-Sequoyah high school.  No word on who the new color guy will be, or if Geoff Haxton will be flying solo.

• The Chicago Bulls have waived second-round draft pick and former OSU shooting guard JamesOn Curry.  Curry, as most of you probably remember, was a surprise pick in the 2007 NBA draft, and lived down to expectations while toiling in the D-league last year.  His singular professional "lowlight" was a misdemeanor conviction after Boise police arrested him for urinating in public.

Boise's finest are always ready to serve! :-D

I've always wanted to take a wizz in Boise....I'm sure it's a real fun town.... :-D

Maybe he'll get his own reality TV show out of it:

February 1982, Ozzy [Osborne] visits the Alamo, a national shrine in Texas. Drunk in his hotel room he decides to dress up as a woman and go outside to snap some pictures. During film reloading, Ozz felt the need to relieve himself. He walks over to this half knocked down wall and starts taking a leak. That piece of wall turned out to be part of the Alamo building. Ozzy was thrown in jail and banned from ever playing in San Antonio, Texas again. (a ban which was lifted in 1992)

Any chance that JamesOn chose a spot that was considered sacred to Boiseans to do his business?

Any chance that JamesOn chose a spot that was considered sacred to Boiseans to do his business?

Of course, that's a rhetorical question, tmh - for ALL land is sacred to we Boiseans.  However, for those interested, we can schedule a field trip to the hallowed Curry "spot" when ORU is assigned to Boise for the 2009 NCAA tourney!

Ya gotta love Ozzie....a true American...... :-D

One of my favorite groups, Asleep at the Wheel (laugh if you want) did a song about ol' Ozzy.  I tried to find a link to the song itself, without any luck, but I did find the lyrics, which I think are pretty funny - check them out if you want:

Don't Go There

WARNING!  PG-13 language and uhhh, bathroom humor!