Re: 2008-09 Women's Schedule

orustatboy

While searching for more info on the men's schedule, I came across this on the USC-Upstate website ...

"The Spartans will also once again travel to the furthest points north and south in school history, as they head to Indianapolis, Ind., for a game with IUPUI on Nov. 25 and also head out of the country for the first time in school history when they play defending Summit League champion Oral Roberts (Dec. 19) and Oakland (Dec. 20) in Cozumel, Mexico as part of a classic-format tournament."

Not only are our girl's headed back to Cozumel again this season, but it looks like Beckie Francis and Oakland will be there as well ... looks like both schools will get to do some advanced scouting.

Other women's games I came across ...

Nov. 8 vs. UCO (Exhibition)

Nov. 26 at Missouri State

Dec. 19 vs. USC-Upsate (Cozumel)

Dec. 20 vs. Texas-San Antonio (Cozumel)

Dec. 29 vs. Sam Houston State

Just at little side note on USC-Upstate (literally 5 minutes and 3 turns from my house), they had a campus apartment fire there 2 days ago - 50 students displaced, and thankfully no casualties.  Growing program - joined the Atlantic Sun conference last year, and just now getting the feel for D-I level competition.

Yes, LL...i have heard of that school....USC Upstate....not to be confused with Texas Upyours..... :-D

I know, I can't help myself.  It's bizarre when someone brings up a school on a nationwide message board that is close enough to walk to.  I'm hoping since the women's teams have found each other, the men's teams will get together too.  :-)