Team USA Goes For Perfect Season Today

Old Titan

Rob Walton's USA Baseball National team will attempt to close out a perfect 24-0 international slate today when they take on Japan in the title game of the World University Baseball Championships in the Czech Republic.

The game starts at 11:00 a.m. (6:00 p.m. there) - here's a link to the live stats:

2008 World University Baseball Championships Home Page

Can't say enough about the job Rob and his team have done this summer, especially the wins over the Cuban Olympic team.  The USA Olympic team, made up of minor league players and managed by former big-league skippers Davy Johnson and Bob Watson, will be hard-pressed to duplicate what Rob's National team has accomplished this year, against many of the same teams that will be competing against the U.S. in Beijing.

This is sensational for Rob and his boys...i see the score is 0-0 in the bottom of the first....go USA!!!.... :-)

How's this for excitement - bottom of the 12th, two away, USA (visitor) up by one run, Japan runner on third. 

GREAT GAME!!  Congrats to Rob Walton and the rest of the team.  I don't suppose he's now on the radar of every AD of the schools with players on this team, do you?

Glad they settled this one the old fashioned way, instead of the ridiculous new extra-inning rules adopted by the International Baseball Federation this past week:  starting with the Olympics next month, the 11th inning of a tie game will begin with runners on second and first, and can start anywhere in the batting order.

All in the interest of TV and keeping things on schedule.  What a joke...  :roll:

What a win for the USA and Coach Walton!....definitely, he will be wanting a new contract!!!.... :-D

GREAT GAME!!  Congrats to Rob Walton and the rest of the team.  I don't suppose he's now on the radar of every AD of the schools with players on this team, do you?

Glad they settled this one the old fashioned way, instead of the ridiculous new extra-inning rules adopted by the International Baseball Federation this past week:  starting with the Olympics next month, the 11th inning of a tie game will begin with runners on second and first, and can start anywhere in the batting order.

All in the interest of TV and keeping things on schedule.  What a joke...  :roll:

Interesting about the change in rules for the Olympics.  I had not heard about that!

It will be interesting to see if Rob will be able to get into the homes of players that wouldn't consider ORU, but would consider playing under the tuleage of Rob Walton.  ORU could never come close to paying Rob what he is worth in the marketplace, but I do think Rob enjoys being at ORU and appreciates the facilities he has to work with.  We're definitely not in a position to compete with the power conferences when it comes to compensation though.

Congratulations to Coach Walton for his work with team USA!