The Call DC

Texasgrip

Not going to this one, but was there for the Promise Keepers one in 1997.  Man, it's hard to believe it was that long ago.  It was pretty exciting to participate in that.

I went with a group sponsored by the local Promise Keepers organization.  They had two jets chartered from Tulsa to Baltimore - we left TIA at about 1:00 AM if I remember right, arrived in Baltimore at around 6:00 AM, then they bussed us to the mall.  I ended up tagging around all day with the guy that sat next to me on the plane.  We perched ourselves under a tree fairly close and to the right of the main stage, then hung out there ALL DAY LONG.  By the end of the day, when the program was all over, we headed back, probably to the busses, but I don't remember where we were headed - all I remember was that we were  so tired that several of us pooled our money and got a cab to take us wherever it was we were going.  Once we got back to the airport, the plane that we were supposed to take back to Tulsa HAD A PART FALL OFF when it landed.  They had to go out on the runway and find the part, then repair the plane, before we could leave.  All of these other guys were getting on other planes and leaving for other parts of the country, while our group sat there and sat there and sat there - seemed like forever.  We finally boarded, and I don't even remember the take-off - I was already asleep!  I woke up when the plane touched down in Tulsa. 

I remember it being a great day and lots of outstanding speakers.  Weather was perfect.  It was torture for me being that close to so many important monuments and institutions of our nation's history without actually being able to check them out.  I remember that Travis Myer, the weather guy from here in Tulsa, attended, and Channel 8 did a report about his experience there.  It was pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the Call DC was amazing.  Over 70,000 gathered to fast and pray for 12 hours on behalf of our nation!  My band was honored to be a part, so we opened the event with our version of Battle Hymm of the Republic and then played one of our songs:

It was awesome to see so many petition God to see change in our nation!

www.radiantworship.com

That's awesome, TG.  It's wonderful that you had a chance to participate in that.  I'm sure it was a wonderful experience for you guys.