HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vcboy2000

We got our #%$#$ handed to us by Valpo last night. A 20 point spread against your conference rival is never good. We definitely picked a bad night to play our worst game of the year. But I have to give some credit to Valpo. They outplayed us every position.

While the injuries to Tutt, Riouse, and Meloy were felt last night; it still should have never gotten out of hand like it did. So many things were ugly about our play that it would take all day to break down that game. I'll just be happy to get the team home and rested for few days. Then we can rip into their hides for their lousy play.

Much props to Valpo for a solid performance from your whole squad. Kone was definitely not as good as advertised, but he is still a solid player. Enjoy this win, it was a big one. See you at the Mabee Center in February.

VCBoy,

And you call yourself a fan? It isn't your place to be the one "ripping into them". You don't have the knowledge or experience.

Blue & I joke we aren't just players or coaches, WE ARE FANS! But, we don't know the whole story on a lot of things because we aren't there for all of the practices or behind closed doors for adjustments. Bottom Line: "we just don't know." Our job is to believe in them and cheer them on no matter what.

Oh, so i'm not a true fan because I'm objective? Please. You guys are just way too sensative. No one is a bigger fan of the Golden Scare Crows than me. I laugh so I don't have to feel too much of the pain. I bet Scott Sutton will tell them they played like crap. It doesn't take that much "knowledge and experience" to know that.

As far as my 'ripping into the team' comment. It happens all the time on this board. People give their opinions on players who played poorly and events that sucked throughout the game. It's not rocket science, and it doesn't mean that I'm not "sticking" with the team. I'll be the first Eagle fan on the Valpo board telling them that they need to pay their electric bill to keep their score board on. Maybe my verbage was a bit harsh, but the statement was true and EagelBakr is a bad influence. :wink:

I bet Scott Sutton will tell them they played like crap.

And you know what VCBoy? He is the coach and he does see what goes on during the game, game tapes, practices and their personal lives. It is HIS JOB, not ours.

It doesn't make much sense to destroy morale for the other fans either. It might be a sure bet you aren't a name it and claim it fan either :D

It is one lousy Mid-Con road loss. So the first time you didn't ace a test did your classmates tell you that you should go back to the dorm and start packing?

Actually that would be "failed the test" 8 lousy times not "just one time". by then you know if you're a good student or bad. They don't get it together someone should go packing!

Wow, your pretty hard core, Isbig. What is it that you are not so subtly trying to say? Who is it that should go packing? Would you only find satisfaction in this team if they were 16-0?

We're now 8-8 on the season, as you commented, but I think it should be pointed out that five of our eight wins came on the road.

Ok, now this is just getting stupid.

And you know what VCBoy? He is the coach and he does see what goes on during the game, game tapes, practices and their personal lives. It is HIS JOB, not ours.

So what you're saying is that because he is the coach, he is the only one that can have an opinion? That is ludicrous to me. If that's the case then what are you doing on this message board.

It is one lousy Mid-Con road loss. So the first time you didn't ace a test did your classmates tell you that you should go back to the dorm and start packing?

Mom maybe you should read my post again. Where did I say the season was lost? I agree with EagleBkr that this games means NOTHING in the long run. That still doesn't change the fact that we got spanked by our conference sister before they sent us to time out. And if you felt like your morale was destroyed by that one post then you probably didn't have much in the first place. It sure didn't destroy mine. This Is Homecoming Weekend, Baby!

Bottom Line is you don't like how I said what I said. If ORUTerry were to post, "We really lost bad. We did not shoot the ball well from the perimeter, and our defense was severley lacking", you would say nothing about that. He's not the coach. But because I used stronger words, I'm all of a sudden destroying team morale.

Its not THAT we lose, its HOW we lose.

No problems with our loss at OU or maybe minn.

But its the lack of getting it done when it counts that makes me so perplexed. The lack of changing out the game plan. Like someone else said, doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Example: When the other team goes on a run, like at valpo when we had a 3 point lead early and late in the 1st half, Valpo goes on a run and is no time out, no different defence, no change of personel. It is the same every single game. Then it only got worse from there. Its wasn't working. Sutton expects his players to "play through" that? We went to a zone, when? 3 minutes left in the game???

We went to a zone earlier in the game briefly, but I get your point. Our short bench right now limits options, but I catch your drift there, too.

Time outs, and the lack thereof, remain my most intriguing question.

I have to agree with you and this is the very reason why I stopped posting on this board (although I couldn't resist this one).

There seems to be little tolerance for objectivity. Being able to be objective and voice opinions (regardless of harshness) is what being a fan is all about.

I'm all of a sudden destroying team morale.

I didn't say team morale, I said fan morale. Not to worry, it would never effect my team loyalty, or yours.

During a game I am sure people driving by our house think that there is a knock down, drag out going on as we yell at the players and coaches. But, one loss in the MidCon isn't the end. Things like "call a time out" and "why did you call THAT time out, when we were on a run." The crazy ones are when we are yelling at the TV to put a player on the bench, just before he does something wonderful.

It is partially the emotional roller coaster that keeps me a fan, but there is ALWAYS HOPE. We can throw our hands up in the air and have fun, or puke over the side, but either way it is going to be a roller coaster ride.

:D

Guest EagleBackr

...these are all rhetorical questions, and I certainly don't claim to have ANY of the answers or reasons why, but riddle me this:

? When was the last time we got down double digits in the second half of a game against a decent team, and came back to win it?

? Outside of TU and holiday tournaments on neutral floors, when was the last time we won a game against a team as an underdog?

? When was the last time, with something tangible on the line like a championship of some sort or an NCAA bid, we came away victorious?

? When was the last time you looked back on a victory and said "we had no business winning that game playing so poorly, but somehow we found a way."

? When was the last time you looked back on a season and said, "we really exceeded expectations this year."

In all seriousness, I'm not trying to stir the pot (too much) on this one. These things just keep popping into my lil' ol' head. I guess this question would sum it up: when was the last time we OVERACHIEVED? Tis a puzzlement...

my thoughts exactly. At least for this year. Outside of a win against a mediocre USC team, what have we done. Lost the ones it would have been nice to win and win ones we shouln't lose. I long for some "over achieving".

You talk about hope mom? What hope do we have? We wern't playing that great with Ken Tutt. Now he's out till the Mid-con? If he does come back, he'll probably be worse off.(no legs, no timing, not conditioned).

I guess i can just "Expect a Miracle." :roll: