The condition of the campus

titansforever

I found this link embedded in a story on the Kansas City Royals radio affiliate Web site. (They were profiling Tulsa, and talking about the city's Art Deco architecture, and raised the subject of ORU's architecture.)

It's good to know that if this photographer came back today to take photos of the same sights, he would be shocked at the improvements! By the time summer is over, we will have some UNBELIEVABLE photos to show off! Zoppelt alone is really going to knock people's socks off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/losttulsa/sets/72057594062472318/

Thanks for the pictures, Mike.

ORU is looking better and better all the time,

Yeah, Mike. For those of us who rarely have a chance to get to campus, your pics are a bit like a connection to home. I may be getting overly nostalgic here but I think the age fits. :-D

I'll try to post more pics throughout the summer so we can see the progress.  I know it's tough for you guys that are out of town.  Hopefully all you guys are on board with the Renewing the Vision campaign.  If you had doubts about the "new" ORU... you can see your money will be used to improve the school.

The current campus projects are from the original $70 million gift from the Green family.  I've been told they don't think they can get all the work done to the dorms in just one summer so it might take two or three summers to get it done.  Claudius right now looks like a war zone.  That dorm is completely torn apart right now so they can upgrade electricity, trash system, etc.  It should look much improved by August.

University Store Renovations...

Due to renovations, the University store will close early on Monday, June 30th.  They will be closed all day Tuesday, July 1st and possibly Wednesday, the 2nd. 

If you have any immediate textbook needs or need to contact the bookstore during this time, please call 495-6567 or 495-7352.  They will be able to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.