Dr. Cornelius

How will we do  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How will we do

• Gold
    • Silver
    • Bronze
    • No Medal

Now that the roster has been announced for Team USA what are everyone's predictions? I think it's a smart move to pick up a hardnosed point like Williams for international play but where are the shooters? Only Michael Redd/Tayshaun Prince?

[*:3jyudshd]Carmelo Anthony
    [*:3jyudshd]Carlos Boozer
    [*:3jyudshd]Chris Bosh
    [*:3jyudshd]Kobe Bryant
    [*:3jyudshd]Dwight Howard
    [*:3jyudshd]Jason Kidd
    [*:3jyudshd]LeBron James
    [*:3jyudshd]Chris Paul
    [*:3jyudshd]Tayshaun Prince
    [*:3jyudshd]Michael Redd
    [*:3jyudshd]Dwyane Wade
    [*:3jyudshd]Deron Williams

This team had better play defense because they don't have shooters and can't plan on outscoring everyone. I have a bad feeling.... this is similar to when Henry Iba engineered our first loss in the Olympics by selecting the wrong players.

Kobe can shoot.  Lebron can shoot.

I really like the starting lineup, other than Jason Kidd, who can't run anymore.  Chris Paul needs to be the point guard.  But Lebron and Howard in the same lineup is a dream come true.

The thing I don't like about this group is that there only three legitimate bigs.  I understand why they didn't take Tyson Chandler (not a scorer), but you couldn't talk Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan into playing?  And even if you want a scorer, doesn't Chandler at least make since as an insurance policy?

I'm not worried about it.  This coaching staff knows they'll be knocked down a rung or two with a loss.

Have to agree about Duncan or Garnett.... wonder if they did not want to participate?

I really don't follow the NBA, so I will plead ignorance a bit. The few times I have seen LeBron and Kobe play - they appear to be great scorers but streaky shooters. At the last Olympics, our opponents played zone defense - cutting off the drives to the basket - and daring us to hit from the outside..... and we couldn't. Let's hope I am wrong.

Michael Redd was there main 3pt shooter and was on fire in the Olympic qualifying he will see a lot of minutes.  I would be very disappointed if this team didn't take the gold.  Jason Kidd should be perfect to setup our big time scorers.  Kobe will be great because he takes the defensive challenge and will guard the other team's best player. 

Have to agree about Duncan or Garnett.... wonder if they did not want to participate?

I really don't follow the NBA, so I will plead ignorance a bit. The few times I have seen LeBron and Kobe play - they appear to be great scorers but streaky shooters. At the last Olympics, our opponents played zone defense - cutting off the drives to the basket - and daring us to hit from the outside..... and we couldn't. Let's hope I am wrong.

I think both Garnett and Duncan have won before and dislike international play.  I don't think Duncan's game is as good for international play, but Garnett is such a freak that it doesn't matter what the rules are.

I don't think Kobe and LeBron were on the last Olympics team.  Sadly, that team was built around Allen Iverson.  Kobe can shoot -- what you saw in the NBA Finals was a team that finally figured out how to defend him.  They were the only team in the league to do that.  LeBron can also shoot, although you are right that he is more of a slasher.

Redd will be really valuable.  It's weird to think how few gifted shooters there are in the NBA these days.

The transition game with Kidd, Bryant, James, and Anthony on the floor will be sick.