Genao, Jarman and ORU in West Virginia

Cletus

http://www.register-herald.com/sports/local_story_167235347.html?keyword=secondarystory

The reunion doesn’t stop there for Genao, who was an all-conference player at Oral Roberts. He is joined at Hunnicutt Field by ORU teammate Mike Jarman, a left-handed pitcher who had a big season for the Golden Eagles.

“It’s a little bit easier transition than coming on to a team that you don’t know anyone,” Genao said.

By season’s end, P-Rays fans are likely to be well aware of Genao and Jarman.

Both players were big reasons why the Eagles went 48-14 this year, won the Summit League by winning 24 of 28 conference games and were close to advancing to the NCAA super regionals.

Genao was named first-team all-Summit League after hitting .347 with 10 homers and 55 runs batted in.

“It was an amazing year,” Genao said. “Our hitting was great all year long. Our pitching struggled a little bit, but they always came around when they needed to come around.”

He and Genao getting drafted by the same team and, thus, starting their careers together was big.

“As soon as we got drafted we called each other and were excited,” Jarman said. “It’s kind of a good thing because we know each other and we’re getting used to everything together. I think it will help us more than going somewhere we don’t know anyone.

“It’s a good situation for both of us.”

As members of a top college team, Jarman and Genao have their opinions of who can win the College World Series.

“Personally, I don’t like any of those teams. I wish we were there,” Jarman said.

“I don’t know. Miami’s got a good team. (But) I like Fresno State. I like underdogs. I like to see those guys in there. We were the underdogs, too, wherever we went. So it would be good for them to get in there and maybe win a few games.”

All Genao cares about is that Oral Roberts won’t win.

“We’re not in it, so I don’t care who wins, really,” Genao said.

AMEN!!...love that guy!!!........ 8-)