UCI-LSU

theeagleman5

Looks like the Anteaters are going down tonight to LSU...it's 9-1 already early in the game...i was kinda hoping UCI would get thru...would make ORU look a bit better....man, i wish we could have gotten to the Super Regionals and the CWS!....would be great to be watching big blue on ESPN tonight!.... :-P

ouch!....i thought UCI had the tigers last night but they really let the series get aware there blowing a 6 run lead...looks like they didn't even show up tonight...on to the CWS for LSU....Wichita St also gave FSU a real scare winning the opening game but then getting pounded the last 2....and we beat WSU twice....I think we are definitely a top 25 team.... :-D

I believe we are top 25 also.  If you took all the teams that won 2 or more games in the regionals, it would put us up around that range.

The heat could have played a role in UCIs losses.  Acording to the sports casters, temps were about 25 degrees hotter in Batton Rouge than in Southern Cal.  At least one player was shown getting cramps.

21-7 . . . double ouch!

Thought this was a baseball game....didn't realize they were playing football!!  :wink:

Ha ha.  I guess the important thing to remember is that just because UCI fell apart down in Cajun land, it doesn't take anything away from ORU's great effort in Lincoln.

21-7?....i wonder if UCI had scored twice would they have gone for the 2 pt. play?..... :-D

The score looks more like they had Les Miles calling plays in from the sidelines.  I wouldn't want a score like that next to our name in the record books for a Super Regional (?) game.

we would not have lost 21-7....i have no doubt!... 8-)

In my own objective, totally unbiased opinion, I totally agree.  Hey, how about the #24 ranking by the NCBWA - fair or unfair, with Nebraska (ORU 8 - NU-0) at #20?

Hummm....but i guess Nebraska was at #10 before....still, the Huskers failed to win as the favored team at home....we looked like the better team at least last Sunday...oh well, we had a very good season!... :-D

Yep . . . It was a good season, and ORU finished well.  The rankings are probably about right, when its all said and done.