ORU Updates

vcboy2000

Whoever is in charge of the homepage (www.oru.edu) has been doing a great job at keeping new stories up. I used to work at ORU, and remember the same stories staying up there for months at a time. Now it seems like they have something new up there every week!

I also was on campus today and saw the whole 1st floor of the library being renovated. New carpet, shelves, etc. I wasn't prepared for the amazing feeling you get as a donor to see your hard earned money being used so effectively. As extra money comes into my hands, it makes me feel even more comfortable about giving it to ORU. They are now doing something with it to make the university better!!!

It might be a good idea to have "Donor Days" for everyone that has given or may want to give to come and see for themselves what is happening.

Oh, and Kudos to Mark Green. As if he hasn't already showed his committment enough, the man is flying all over the country to speak at alumni events. He'll be in Seattle at the end of July. Check it out at www.alumni.oru.edu. The man is really trying hard to bring in more funds for ORU. I think I'll call a few friends of mine today, tell them to check out what's happening on campus and to show some love with their wallets.

He'll be speaking in Tulsa at an alumni luncheon on June 6 at Ti Amo's.  All local alumni should try to make the lunch.

I know what you're talking about when you see the renovations going on campus.  I make a monthly gift, and it's so awesome to see things being improved.  Not to get to soft on everyone, but it's an emotional feeling when you see these things the first time.  I know that future students are going to have a better ORU than when I went to ORU.  I have no problem giving money to ORU under the governance.  They really are starting to make good decisions on campus.

Hey Mike where can we find more information about the luncheon - is it too late to sign up?

Hey Mike where can we find more information about the luncheon - is it too late to sign up?

Mart Green to speak at June 6 Alumni Luncheon

The next ORU Alumni Connection Luncheon will be held on Friday, June 6, 2008 at Ti Amo Ristorante (61st and Sheridan in Tulsa).

The speaker will be trustees Board Chair Mart Green.

Seating will be limited at this event, so alumni are encouraged to register as soon as possible.

There’s time to network with fellow alumni from 11:30 a.m. till noon. The buffet line opens at 11:45 a.m. The program is from 12 to 1 p.m. Tickets are $15.

Mart will have many exciting updates about what is happening at ORU, so be sure to invite other alumni friends. Alumni spouses are also welcome. We look forward to seeing you there!

Following the June luncheon, OAC luncheons will “take a break” for the summer and resume in September with a whole new line up of great speakers. Take these opportunities to strengthen your relationships with other ORU alumni.