Re: ORU and slugger Groth: A match made in heaven

SOLO_Gold

By JIMMIE TRAMEL World Sports Writer

5/29/2008

Ryan Groth doesn’t lead the Oral Roberts University baseball team in walks. He leads the Golden Eagles in walking the walk. There’s a difference.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/articl ... _span05082

Fantastic article - big ups to Tramel

Ryan is a great guy and this article did a good job of representing him and his heart for the Lord. 

Hey guys when you get the chance,  drop Jimmie a line telling him how much we appreciate the article.

It's good to let them hear our voices when we're happy with what they're doing.

jimmie.tramel@tulsaworld.com

They're all great about responding, so drop them a couple of lines.

Great article.  This is the type of player that makes me proud to be an Alum.  Go Eagles.

Great article about a great guy.  I know this has been said before, but Ryan sat at our table at the Diamond Dinner, and was just a delightful host.  He's an impressive player, on AND off the field.

I got this response:

thank you

usually, newspaper guys only get e-mails when we make somebody mad. But this is the fourth positive e-mail I have received today regarding Ryan Groth.

being a biology major, can you find somebody to tell me that it is good for my biology to keep drinking mountain dew? I haven't found a doc who will tell me that -- yet.

I got this response:

When I sent him a thankyou email around 10 AM central, it was only his second one up til then.  If we want more articles like this, we need to flood him with about a hundred emails - come on guys!

The is the response I got yesterday

"thank you

easy to write good things about good guys"

The is the response I got yesterday

"thank you

easy to write good things about good guys"

Hey, that's the same response I got.  And I thought I was special  :-o

OK, actually it was: "thanks very much. easy to write good things about good people."

mine was - "enough already! i get it, you people liked the story. now seriously, stop w/all the emails...and you wonder why we only write about OU and OSU"  (just kidding of course :-D, i just wanted to get in on the thread)

Actually, he said mine was his most favorite, and that, (sniff) I reminded him of his father . . .