We are playing UC-Irvine at 7 p.m. on Friday

Mike Minyard

My prediction on the game tomorrow...

UCI - 7

ORU - 0

You're right... we suck.  I don't even know why we are playing...  We should have stayed in Tulsa.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Minyard

• Bogus Smith

• ric714

• ORU Big Brother

You're the fool what stated, "Can anyone in America match that?"

Now you take offense when someone else matches it?

Of course you guys were a little bit better this regular season.  That's why you're a 2 seed and we are a 3 seed.  It should be a very good game tonight.

The difference between Irvine and ORU against Top 100 teams is that ORU played many more of those games on the road.  So that could somewhat balance it out, or even give ORU the edge.

Bottom line... we'll find out this week who is better!

PS - I'm finding it harder and harder to support UCI this weekend.  At least Nebraska has been some great hosts this weekend.

Ok, just like college basketball...when was the last time a baseball team from a non-major baseball conference won the national championship?  It's the same reason why ORU wins 46 games and gets a 3 seed and why schools like UCI and Fullerton get 2 seeds without winning their conference title. 

So is the Big West in baseball like the Missouri Valley in basketball?  When did they win a national championship?  Irvine had a great season last year, but that's not going to happen on a regular basis for them.

You can't compare college baseball with college basketball.  There are a lot of small colleges that have solid baseball programs.  The non-revenue sports are different from basketball and football.  That also explains why schools like Irvine and Fullerton aren't very good at basketball, but they get it done in baseball.

You're the fool what stated, "Can anyone in America match that?"

Now you take offense when someone else matches it?

Again, you're missing the point. I'm done with this fool.

Is it safe to say we've now officially had WAY too much time to "wuff" leading up to this game?

LET'S PLAY THIS SUCKER, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!  :-P

LET'S PLAY THIS SUCKER, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!  :-P

+1

I can't wait to get this game underway!

So is the Big West in baseball like the Missouri Valley in basketball?  When did they win a national championship?  Irvine had a great season last year, but that's not going to happen on a regular basis for them.

Greeting all!

The Big West is better than the Missouri Valley in basketball.  The Big West is rated the #6 baseball conference by RPI this year.  In men's basketball this year the Big 10 was rated #6 conference while the Missouri Valley was rated #8.  The Big West won the College World Series in 2004, 1995, 1984 & 1979.  Seems like once a decade the Big West wins a baseball title.

Since baseball was reinstated at UC Irvine in 2002, UCI has been in a regional 4 of the last 5 years out of a tough Big West conference.  I would say that's success on a regular basis.

Can any of you gentlemen post the website for the Eastern Illinois messageboard?  We may need it if we have to play them tomorrow. :wink:

I can't wait for the game tonight. We just need to put about three runs up in the first and shut up this chirping.

Greeting all!

The Big West is better than the Missouri Valley in basketball.  The Big West is rated the #6 baseball conference by RPI this year.  In men's basketball this year the Big 10 was rated #6 conference while the Missouri Valley was rated #8.  The Big West won the College World Series in 2004, 1995, 1984 & 1979.  Seems like once a decade the Big West wins a baseball title.

Since baseball was reinstated at UC Irvine in 2002, UCI has been in a regional 4 of the last 5 years out of a tough Big West conference.  I would say that's success on a regular basis.

Can any of you gentlemen post the website for the Eastern Illinois messageboard?  We may need it if we have to play them tomorrow. :wink:

Probably the most confusing post I have ever read. Are you comparing the Big West to the MVC in basketball? Or the MVC to the Big 10 in basketball. Or the Big West to the MVC in both sports?? Regardless, isn't the MVC traditionally better in both?

And you mean Fullerton won those titles, not the Big West. That's classic TU trash talk. "Hey Memphis is awesome, so everyone else in the conference is too"

I love these schools that make one miracle run and spend every minute after that patting themselves on the back, talking trash, and comparing themselves to power conferences. Lets get this game started and shut these guys up!

beautiful day at the park. I'm watching UCI batting practice right now. They are a very small team. 

The ball is flying out of the park. The stadium shadow might be an issue at start time.

We just started BP. I can't wait for this thing to get goin.

Hey how you doing ManiacAlum?  First off, I was just answering Mike Minyard's question not trying to talk any trash.  I'm here to help, so let me break down the post slowly for you since you were confused by it.

Minyard asked?  So is the Big West in baseball like the Missouri Valley in basketball?

My answer: The Big West Conference (BWC) in baseball is better than the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) is in basketball.  By RPI, this year the BW is rated #6 among all the baseball conferences.  By RPI, this year the MVC is rated #8 among all the basketball conferences. 

The BWC in baseball is rated higher than the MVC is rated in basketball.  A more equal comparison is comparing the BWC in baseball to the Big Ten Conference in basketball.  By RPI, this year the Big 10 is rated #6 among all the basketball conferences.  The BWC is rated #6 in baseball and the Big 10 is rated #6 in basketball, hence the equal comparison.  I hope you're no longer confused.

Now to answer your question:  The MVC is not better than the BWC in baseball. By RPI, this year the MVC is rated #12 among all the baseball conferences while the BWC is #6.

Minyard asked?  When did they win a national championship?   The MVC in Div. 1 basketball has won 0 national titles.  More supporting evidence the BWC in baseball is better than the MVC is in basketball is that the BWC has won 4 baseball national titles in 2004, 1995, 1984 & 1979.

You said.  And you mean Fullerton won those titles, not the Big West. You seem to be confused again.  Fullerton is in the Big West therefore the BWC is also credited with those national titles.

I love these schools that make one miracle run and spend every minute after that patting themselves on the back, talking trash, and comparing themselves to power conferences.Was UCI's run last year a miracle run?  We will have to wait and see.  If UCI makes it back to the CWS in the next decade than the answer is it was not a miracle run.  Making the CWS twice in 10 years is not a miracle run.  A miracle run is making the CWS only once in the last 30 years like Oral Roberts has done.

Now I'm confused about the 2nd part of your statement.  The BWC doesn't need to compare itself to a power conference.  ManiacAlum if I can teach you 1 thing, learn this: THE BIG WEST HAS BECOME A BASEBALL POWER CONFERENCE.  The BWC is rated #6 among 30+ conferences.  It has had 4 bids each of the last 2 years.  It had 2 teams in the CWS last year.  It has 2 teams hosting regionals this year.  It has won 4 national titles, about 1 every decade.  Again the BWC has become a baseball power conference!

Making the CWS twice in 10 years is not a miracle run.  A miracle run is making the CWS only once in the last 30 years like Oral Roberts has done.

A very classy response till you felt the need to throw that in there :roll: . . .

Hey how you doing ManiacAlum?  First off, I was just answering Mike Minyard's question not trying to talk any trash.  I'm here to help, so let me break down the post slowly for you since you were confused by it.

Minyard asked?  So is the Big West in baseball like the Missouri Valley in basketball?

My answer: The Big West Conference (BWC) in baseball is better than the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) is in basketball.  By RPI, this year the BW is rated #6 among all the baseball conferences.  By RPI, this year the MVC is rated #8 among all the basketball conferences. 

The BWC in baseball is rated higher than the MVC is rated in basketball.  A more equal comparison is comparing the BWC in baseball to the Big Ten Conference in basketball.  By RPI, this year the Big 10 is rated #6 among all the basketball conferences.  The BWC is rated #6 in baseball and the Big 10 is rated #6 in basketball, hence the equal comparison.  I hope you're no longer confused.

Now to answer your question:  The MVC is not better than the BWC in baseball. By RPI, this year the MVC is rated #12 among all the baseball conferences while the BWC is #6.

Minyard asked?  When did they win a national championship?   The MVC in Div. 1 basketball has won 0 national titles.  More supporting evidence the BWC in baseball is better than the MVC is in basketball is that the BWC has won 4 baseball national titles in 2004, 1995, 1984 & 1979.

You said.  And you mean Fullerton won those titles, not the Big West. You seem to be confused again.  Fullerton is in the Big West therefore the BWC is also credited with those national titles.

I love these schools that make one miracle run and spend every minute after that patting themselves on the back, talking trash, and comparing themselves to power conferences.Was UCI's run last year a miracle run?  We will have to wait and see.  If UCI makes it back to the CWS in the next decade than the answer is it was not a miracle run.  Making the CWS twice in 10 years is not a miracle run.  A miracle run is making the CWS only once in the last 30 years like Oral Roberts has done.

Now I'm confused about the 2nd part of your statement.  The BWC doesn't need to compare itself to a power conference.  ManiacAlum if I can teach you 1 thing, learn this: THE BIG WEST HAS BECOME A BASEBALL POWER CONFERENCE.  The BWC is rated #6 among 30+ conferences.  It has had 4 bids each of the last 2 years.  It had 2 teams in the CWS last year.  It has 2 teams hosting regionals this year.  It has won 4 national titles, about 1 every decade.  Again the BWC has become a baseball power conference!

yawn... we'll be back Sunday to play you guys in the elimination game.