Lincoln!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ORU-sisko

This is about as good a draw as we could have expected....UC Irvine and Nebraska both very good but also beatable....i love it....Dallas Baptist gets a #2 seed?....wow!....TheEagleman is humbled again... what else is new?.... :-D

38-16  UC Irvine:  RPI of 20

Went 14-10 in conference and won 6 of the last 10.

They took a series 2 of 3 @ Long Beach.

Lost 2 of 3 to Cal State Fullerton @ home

Won 2 of 3 @ Tulane

I think this is a very consistent team.  They are not unbeatable and I really like this match up.

These guys at .305 while giving up a .250 clip.

They have excellent pitching at three (3!!) legitimate sub 2 ERA pitchers.

They are a great team but i feel location is great for us and if you look at how the two teams have played coming down the stretch, i think ORU gets the advantage.

I would not be shocked if New Orleans played spoiler down there.

I wonder who would host the Super-regional if ORU and UNO both won as #3 seeds.  Sure would love to see THAT!

I remember watching LSU have to rally to force New Orleans into extra innings and win in the 16th or something like that. They extended their winning streak to 13 in a row and snapped NEO 12 game streak or something of that nature..

New Orleans plays power baseball. 

I like the fact that we are training our cars to head to Nebraska to start and hopefully to finish post-season play!

I wonder who would host the Super-regional if ORU and UNO both won as #3 seeds.

The high bidder.  The two schools would determine who wanted it the most.

Anyone know what our highest end of season RPI has been ... I'm thinking it was probably the year we went to Super Regionals, but I don't know what it was ... Heading into the tournament with a RPI of 37 ... plus hopefully three more games against Top 20 (Nebraska - 8, UC-Irvine - 20) ... could head to Super Regionals with a RPI in the 25-30 range.

Anyone know what our highest end of season RPI has been ... I'm thinking it was probably the year we went to Super Regionals, but I don't know what it was ... Heading into the tournament with a RPI of 37 ... plus hopefully three more games against Top 20 (Nebraska - 8, UC-Irvine - 20) ... could head to Super Regionals with a RPI in the 25-30 range.

In 2004 we ended at 35...

It's amazing how much our RPI has improved since Rob Walton became head coach.

http://boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/

In 2004 we ended at 35...

It's amazing how much our RPI has improved since Rob Walton became head coach.

http://boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/

Under Sunny G.

2001  44-13    77

2002  48-19  133

2003  41-20    92

Under Rob W.

2004  50-11    35

2005  42-20    66

2006  41-16    44

2007  40-17    52

2008  46-12    37

That's easy to explain:  late in the conference season, Rob is still playing midweek games against the likes (this year) of Wichita State, Kansas, Missouri State, etc.

In contrast, I used to watch Sunny Golloway in May, working the phones of the D-II/NAIA schools in the state, trying to throw together mid-week games on 24- and 48-hours notice, just to get 40+ wins.

While it may have padded his W-L record, it really hurt our RPI.  :roll:

I think the overall scheduling by RW is better than it was under SG, too.  You don't see many NAIA/D-II games being played anymore by ORU.  We replaced Missouri Southern with LeMoyne, we have a good pipeline with Arkansas and WSU.  I believe that there is an overall better respect for what Rob is trying to accomplish at ORU which helps us to schedule our mid-week games.

Now, with the shortened baseball season and trying to cram 60 games into a 12/13 week timeframe, it will be interesting to see how much the power conferences are willing to play the likes of a mid-major like ORU when collegiate pitching staffs are so thin - especially early in the season.