Eagles win in extra innings - Tulsa World (5-24-08)

ORUTerry

Eagles win in extra innings

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer

5/24/2008

Last Modified: 5/24/2008  2:26 AM

ORU scores six in 10th to beat Western Illinois.

Brendan Duffy threw his shoulders back and took a deep breath. Brian Van Kirk shook his head and rolled his eyes.

It took nearly four hours and a furious 10th-inning rally, but Oral Roberts hung on to a dramatic 15-9 Summit League baseball tournament victory over Western Illinois on Friday at J.L. Johnson Stadium.

"If that's what it comes down to, then that's what we have to do to win," said Duffy. "If it takes scoring six runs in the 10th, then that's what we've got to do."

[url=http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectID=95&articleID=20080524_95_B1_hORUsc706789

Can someone please post the link and the pictures for me? I am traveling in Europe and cannot navigate the foreign keyboards - or language. Thanks!

Oh yeah?...what takes you to Europe and what country are you in?....any Golden Eagle fans over there?.... :-D

I am in Italy (Rome and Florence) and then London with my sons school class. I am wearing my ORU gear an don the lookout for ORU fans.

Chow

cool....in fact i am watching Inter Milan and Roma from Olympic Stadium in Rome at this very moment....i guess you are not at the game....VIVA ROMA!!!... :-D

I am in Italy (Rome and Florence) and then London with my sons school class. I am wearing my ORU gear an don the lookout for ORU fans.

Chow

Chow??!!  Is it dinnertime?  :-D

Hope you and your son have a great time and enjoy the culture!!

Wondered about the spelling..... oh, well.  Roma must have won the match because people were going around last night honking horns and waving flags. I never have understood soccer. How can you play a game without using your hands? And those 0 to 0 games are awesome. I think I would rather have my teeth drilled than watch a soccer match.... no offense Doc.

We are off for Florence....

Wondered about the spelling..... oh, well.  Roma must have won the match because people were going around last night honking horns and waving flags. I never have understood soccer. How can you play a game without using your hands? And those 0 to 0 games are awesome. I think I would rather have my teeth drilled than watch a soccer match.... no offense Doc.

We are off for Florence....

Ciao