Friday IPFW Game #1

Old Titan

Good guys lead it 1-0 after two innings, on a solo shot from Michael Notaro in top of the second.

Carlos Luna on the mound, worked his way out of a second-and-third, one out jam in the bottom of that frame.

Can we get a gamecast for this game online?  Is it being broadcast on the sports animal for free listening?

Brian Van Kirk clouts a 2-run dong in the top of the third.

It's 3-0 Golden Eagles, in the bottom of the inning.

Can we get a gamecast for this game online?  Is it being broadcast on the sports animal for free listening?

Click HERE for live stats from the IPFW website.

No live audio streaming on the Sports Animal - click HERE for eLive webcast registration (for a fee).

You called it!

Yeah, I really went out on a limb:  an All-America candidate batting over .400 goes hitless against one of the worst teams in the conference, and I predict he's going to break out next game! :roll:

Though it was awful nice of him to go yard just to make me look good.  :-D

Though it was awful nice of him to go yard just to make me look good.  :-D

Just goes to prove that the athletes read the message board, even when they're on the road :wink:!

Nothing for ORU n the top of the fifth, though my man BVK did beat out an infield grounder!  8-)

ORU still leads it, 3-0, headed to the bottom of the fifth.  Luna has five K's, along with 3 hits and 2 walks.

Anyone else having problems with IPFW's live stats?

IPFW loads the bases with no outs, but manages only one run on a sac fly.

3-1 ORU after five.                             

The score is 3-2 with ORU leading in the top of the eighth.

There are live stats on the IPFW athletics website.

'Dons scratch across another run on a sac fly in the 7th, ORU still leads it 3-2, but went down quietly in the 8th.

T. J. Kelly on in relief to start the bottom of the 8th.

Kelly retires the side in the bottom of the 8th.

The IPFW starter Nielson is still on the mound to start the 9th - he's been throwing off-speed stuff all game and has done a nice job of keeping the ORU batters off balance.

Brendan Duffy legs out an infield single with one out; the 'Dons are changing pitchers.

I honestly wonder if they have anyone in their pen who's gonna do any better than Nielson had done so far...some coaches just have to "coach", don't they?

The IPFW reliever promptly gives up back-to-back singles to Minassale and Petralli - ORU leads it 4-2, still batting with one out in the top of the ninth.

Nice move there, Tony LaRussa...  :roll:

ORU fails to score any further, Kelly has one out already in the bottom of the ninth.

Kelly surrenders a 1-out walk, but gets a fly out and a strikeout to earn the save - ORU wins it, 4-2, to go to 41-12 on the season.

Game #2 of this doubleheader should start around 4:15 p.m.

I won't be doing any play-by-play for that one:  I'm going fishing!  8-)