Mart Green Lunch on June 6

Mike Minyard

ORU Alumni Connection Luncheon - June 6 - Mart Green

shownewsphotos.php?id2=1187

The next ORU Alumni Connection (OAC) Luncheon will be held on Friday, June 6, 2008 at Ti Amo Ristorante (61st and Sheridan in Tulsa). The speaker will be trustees Board Chair Mart Green. Seating will be limited at this event, so alumni are encouraged to register as soon as possible. Registration can be completed online by visiting: http://www.oru.edu/alumni/news/gebc_reg.php

On this day, since we expect a big crowd (over 100 are already registered), the buffet lines will open at 11:30 a.m. (instead of 12 noon). The program will begin at noon and end at 1 p.m. You’ll have time to network with fellow alumni from 11:30 a.m. till noon. Tickets are $15.

Mart will have many exciting updates about what is happening at ORU, so be sure to invite your alumni friends.Alumni spouses are also welcome. We look forward to seeing you there!

Mart Green Featured in Tulsa People Magazine

?u1=texterity

Retail mogul. Movie producer. Family man. There are many facets to Mart Green. But even as he steps in to ease the burdens of ORU, he says he would much rather stay behind the scenes.

Mart Green and his son walked into McAllister's Deli. It was a Thursday night in February. The Oral Roberts University Golden Eagles had just beaten Summit League rival UMKC 72-64.

Full Story: http://www.tulsapeople-digital.com/tuls ... =texterity

Mart Green Featured in Tulsa People Magazine

?u1=texterity

Retail mogul. Movie producer. Family man. There are many facets to Mart Green. But even as he steps in to ease the burdens of ORU, he says he would much rather stay behind the scenes.

Mart Green and his son walked into McAllister's Deli. It was a Thursday night in February. The Oral Roberts University Golden Eagles had just beaten Summit League rival UMKC 72-64.

Full Story: http://www.tulsapeople-digital.com/tuls ... =texterity

I read the article.

Thanks Mike for the link about Mart Green.  I heard that the Tulsa magazine did something on the 70 million dollar man. 

I really do appreciate this quick way to stay in touch with everyting going on at ORU!

Green says family thinks 'ORU is worth keeping'

By April Marciszewski, World staff writer

Mart Green’s family had never donated to an organization without “high stewardship” before giving $70 million to Oral Roberts University last fall and winter, Green said at a Tulsa Press Club Page One Luncheon on Monday.

ORU’s accreditors determined last fall that the school needed work in finances, leadership and governance.

But the Green family saw something more important and difficult to achieve than running the business aspects of the university well: The family saw that students received “quality, whole-person education,” he said.

Full Story: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... MartG70434

Help Wanted: Must have ability to make money, inspire people

5/12/2008 2:15:07 PM

Mart Green, the man who bailed out and reformed Oral Roberts University, says the school's next president must combine two key and rare factors: vision and business acumen.

Green spoke of the first 100 days of his involvement with ORU at Monday's Tulsa Press Club Page One luncheon.

He is an engaging and intelligent speaker. I have to say I was intrigued to see what this man who has brought $70 million of his family's wealth to a troubled school with which he has no personal connection.

Read the entire blog: http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/blog ... lumn_id=30

Thanks Mike for the articles from the TW.

The orupsports keeps me up with everything going on at ORU and in Tulsa

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone on the message board get a chance to go today?  There was a great crowd... I didn't get a chance to say hi to some people I saw.  It was just so crowded.  Mart Green really makes me proud to be an ORU graduate.  He has all given us hope and excitement.  I really can't wait to see how things pan out over the next 10 years.

Nearly $4 million has been given by about 3,900 people.  That is great news for the future of ORU, but it's not the goal.  The goal is $25 million by April coming from 20,000 different sources.  So I encourage all of you to give something... big or small.  We all have to do something to prove to the Green Family that we believe ORU is worth having around in this world.