Finkbeiner Staying

MrsSmith

Speculation has surfaced that Oral Roberts women's basketball coach Jerry Finkbeiner will interview with a small school in California.

Finkbeiner, who grew up in California, has been linked to Concordia University, an NAIA school in southern California.

The Golden Eagles coach confirmed he was leaving for California on Wednesday night, but said the trip was a planned vacation with wife, Reba.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/articl ... ancl825046

The comments under the article are very negative.  I'm surprised.

The comments under the article are very negative.  I'm surprised.

Considering it's the TW, I'm not surprised anymore.

The most ridiculous comments about ORU are found in the comment section.

I hope the comments do not represent the majority of the people in Tulsa.

I don't think they do.

Guys, there is apparently more to this than meets the eye - Jerry has made it known he was a candidate for a handful of jobs these past two off-seasons and not all of them were moves "up"; he appears to be shopping for a new gig and it may only be a matter of time before he finds one.

Regardless, next year looks very promising with the girls we have coming back and the signees coming in.  I hope Jerry is the one coaching 'em up next season, but if he's not, I'm sure there are a lot of good coaches out there who would love the opportunity to take this squad to the next level.