at SUU on Saturday

theeagleman5

Keep us East Coasters up to date on the game today...and also if Ben is playing...i guess they have no Live Stats from SUU....thanks!  :-P

It's a BEAUTIFUL day in Tulsa today, eagleman, and there are lots of outside activities to be done, so I'll be in and out.  I'll try to post when I can, but someone else MAY be able to keep things up to date better than me.  Might be hard to get info today, though.

BTW, Geoff said that while they have wireless on campus at SUU, it doesn't cover the area where he's at (and, apparently, it's not hard-wired), so they're not able to do Live Stats from there, unfortunately.

no problem, tmh...i am watching my grandsons later this afternoon and will not be home until past 6pm EDT....so, by then the game will be in it's latter stages anyway...i will just look for a final score tonight!...enjoy your yardwork! :-D

Bottom of the fifth, ORU down 2-4, but SUU has runners on the corners with nobody out.

There are quite a few fans out  today, and they are going berserk!  They went totally postal when one of their players got tossed for saying something to the home plate ump, and they have been just going crazy ever since.  A lot of their vitriol aimed at the home plate ump, but according to Geoff, some of it at our players, including Lamontaigne, who is pitching.

As I was typing SUU just hit a three run home run.  Score now 7-2, no outs, bottom of the fifth.  I guess these fans think they're trying to get into the ump's head - that's what ugly fans always say - but this is some of the worst I've EVER heard!  I'm sure that this can, and probably will, create some bad blood between these teams.

Since Geoff is outside, you can tell that some of the barking by the fans is making Geoff a little tense.  You can sense it in his voice, and in some of the things he's saying.

MISERABLE day for the Eagles - can't seem to do anything right at the plate or in the field.  In the top of seventh, 11-3, SUU.  Fans seem to have calmed down a bit now - even so, they haven't represented their program very well. 

Bottom of the seventh, grand slam homer by SUU, score now 16-3, and no outs

Geoff saying that this is the most runs ever scored by a Mid-Con/Summit opponent.

He just talked about the fact that these two teams will meet again in Tulsa, in the tournament, where ORU has won ten consecutive league championships, has a record of 19-1 (or whatever the number it), and that that will be a different situation.  I really got the feeling that he said that more for the fans around him than the listeners at home, but I could be wrong :wink:!

We've just got to get this game over with and get home, licking out wounds.  Got almost a week to recuperate before facing SDSU.

Obviously our pitchers are REALLY struggling today (but they're not getting much help from the field, either) - in the last inning T.J. Kelly came in in relief, and his first pitch led to the grand slam.  He struggled to get us out of the inning.  Bull pen is warming up again.

So far, in the top of the eighth, ORU not really getting anything going.  I don't think the Mormons drink  but I swear they sound like a bunch of drunken fans. 

Just as I posted that last post BVK drove in Younger on a single, so score is now 16-4.

Geoff just said that the last time ORU lost two to a conference opponent was 1999, when they lost two to Youngstown State.  So my previous post was wrong.

Headed into the top of the ninth, score still 16-4.  ORU has ended the last two innings with double plays, so they are FINALLY starting to get the fielding thing together - but they'll have to score 12 runs this inning to continue the game.

That's the final - 16-4.  All sorts of negative records set today.  Geoff and the team got the heck out of Dodge as soon as the game was over - no post-game, no wrap-up.  Can't say  I blame them  :|. . .

ouch....good time to have a week off, i guess.... :cry:

Yesterday's loss drops us down to #36 in the RPI.  With two wins over the Eagles, SUU leapfrogs from 254 to 224 this weekend. 

Very tough weekend for our guys.  Let's hope that they have a good finals week and get their game faces back on for the SDSU series in Brookings (at the new field).