ORU-Mo. State

theeagleman5

So what's the word with tonight's game...i heard we were down early 2-0...are the Bears any good?

The Bears are not as good as their CWS days a few years back, but are still a good mid-major opponent.  Currently #87 in the RPI (which is better than any of our conference brethern).  A win is needed, but a loss will not be the worst loss this season.

Still 6-6 in the bottom of the 7th.  Triple by MSU, so runner in scoring position and Minissale is being relieved (will remain in the lineup as DH).

So the Bears went to the CWS when they had Ryan Howard or after that?

not much pitching tonight...i see we are down again, 8-6 in the 7th....gonna need more runs, boys! :-P

So the Bears went to the CWS when they had Ryan Howard or after that?

I didn't even know Ryan Howard went to MSU...  :oops:  They were in the CWS in 2002.  Although they have been in the NCAA regionals since then, they never regained that level of competition and, unless they win the MVC post-season tournament, will probably not make the tournament this year either.

Yep....Howard played for then SW MO. State for 3 yrs until 2001 when he was a 5th round pick of the Phillies....he did not graduate from Mo. State....and obviously, he was not around when they went to the CWS in 2002 :-P