ORU Women's Team VS. ORU Men's Intramural Champs....

theeagleman5

So...here is the question.....could the ORU Men's Intramural Champion team be competitive with or even beat the ORU Women's Basketball team???.....comments and thoughts, please..... :-D

So...here is the question.....could the ORU Men's Intramural Champion team be competitive with or even beat the ORU Women's Basketball team???.....comments and thoughts, please..... :-D

Our men's intramural A League 3rd place team could definately could, the team featured 3 former d-1 plays, Andy Mathursen(sp), Josh Atkinson, and Josh Hamilton...

I think it might surprise you just how tough these women are.  Keep in mind that these ladies are highly conditioned and highly trained, to go up against the best women players in the country.  They are well coached and know how to run sets to take advantage of the other team's weaknesses. 

Could they beat an IM team made up of a bunch of past men's D-I players?  Maybe not.  But I bet they'd beat a team of STUDENTS.

Those are my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.  8-)

The question is the best intramural team.... that was an intramural team this year for youngblood, the only game they lost was without either pickup, forced to play 4 on 5...

Could they beat the A league champs...NO.

Could they beat the B league champs...MAYBE.

Other than that, they'd beat most men's 'intramural' teams.

I'd take me, Mike Minyard, and three Maniacs and we'd give them ALL they wanted!

back in the day we beat debbie yow's teams by 40 with a pretty good A team

Discounting ex D-1 players...i would think that the ORU womens team could beat the best team of ORU male students...i did not realize that you included "ringers" on some of these teams... :-)

4 or 5 of us on youngblood are actually on the girls scout team... we get them every once and a while... but I have also been on the receiving end of a few of Voelker's screens...

LOL....do they let you guys shower with the girls team, too?... :-D

if you watched the oru-tenn game a voelker screen flattened a tenn player back in our day we had bam bam mcgowan (sp) strong and tough

In my opinion, it all depends upon the makeup of the intramural team.  The most important thing would be how well conditioned and athletic the team would be...

I played on a Fred Creek team that won the A league championship 3 out of 4 years I was at ORU (comprised almost entirely of soccer players, with a few additional big guys) and I would bet a lot of money we would beat them like a drum...I don't think they could've hang with our speed, quickness and athletic ability.