Sunday...ORU vs WIU

theeagleman5

I see the Good Guys are in an early 1-0 hole....we need to get the sweep today with all like 10 straight road games coming up....Go Eagles!... 8-)

5-1 ORU now in the 5th!....looks like a good day for the Eagles...the brooms must be out!.... 8-)

Nice sweep for ORU......now on the road for a couple weeks....let's hope we can keep the winning streak going!.... 8-)

Nice sweep for ORU......now on the road for a couple weeks....let's hope we can keep the winning streak going!.... 8-)

Very nice sweep for the good guys.  WIU was voted #2 in the preseason polls for the Summit League and are not meeting expectations.  Although they were able to come back and tie the Golden Eagles in game #3, they were outscored 47-15 over the weekend.  We're fortunate to have good offense - and there's some really good bats that don't play regularly - Johnny Roberts, Kyle Price, Mike Notaro, Pat Murphy amongst others.

As for going on the road, I'm not as concerned about whether we'll show well or not,as much as I'm concerned about playing on some of the Summit League fields that are substandard for college baseball's pace of play.  We have to guard against injury from bad hops and stepping in holes as much as we do the umpiring crews that don't have multiple D-1 baseball programs in a Summit League school's region.  :roll:

The next 2 weekends we go into SUU and SDSU....they are #2 and #3 in the conference right now although I see SUU won 3 of 4 this weekend against the Jacks....looks like we will know a lot about ORU after these 8 games plus games at Kansas and Mo. ST..... :-P

The next 2 weekends we go into SUU and SDSU....they are #2 and #3 in the conference right now although I see SUU won 3 of 4 this weekend against the Jacks....looks like we will know a lot about ORU after these 8 games plus games at Kansas and Mo. ST..... :-P

Yes but the reason that SUU & SDSU are #2 & #3 is because they haven't played us yet.  :)

LOL....good point!!!.... :-D...i will be very happy with 8-2 in the next 10 games....

I don't know that our guys will be able to sweep on the road against either team coming up the next two weeks, but supposing we were, a sweep by ORU would put SUU at 8-7, and SDSU at 6-7.  Those numbers would most likely drop those teams back into the dogfight in the middle of the pack of Summit League teams. 

There's great truth in what you say there, MrsSmith!

As I recall, Southern Utah can be a real launching pad if the weather cooperates.

Of course, the wind blows out for both teams.

The way our guys are mashing the ball, juxtaposed with our somewhat shaky pitching rotation due to all the injuries, could result in some football-like scores.

Regardless:  Cedar City, Utah and Brookings, South Dakota - in April?

Better pack the long johns!  :-o