Saturday vs. Western Illinois

mickeyb

Golden Eagles continued to pound Leatherneck pitching ... up 8-0 while still batting in the third ... Van Kirk already has his 10th dinger of the year.

9-1 in rhe 7th...looks like a nice effort by Luna....nice day to win 2 in T-town!!!.... :-D

The first game just went final, I think it was 9-3 ORU but honestly I was out of the room when it ended, so we may have had another run or two.

Carlos Luna gets the win, Sullivan going in the 7-inning nightcap.

looks like we won 11-3 and 7-6 pulling out the nightcap in the bottom of the 7th....what happened in that inning??...blowing a 6 run lead?....yikes!!! :-D

looks like we won 11-3 and 7-6 pulling out the nightcap in the bottom of the 7th....what happened in that inning??...blowing a 6 run lead?....yikes!!! :-D

ORU was up 6-0 going into the top of the seventh.  WIU put together three hits that got them on the board and took the shutout away from Sullivan.  With two men on and the score 6-1, Rob went ahead and brought TJ Kelly out of the pen.  TJ struggled and WIU was able to get the remaining five runs necessary to tie the score, blowing the win for Jerry.  Jerry pitched very well, scattering four hits over six innings before he lost the shutout on a couple of hits in the seventh.

First batter up for ORU in the bottom of the seventh was Kyle Price, who came in at the top of the seventh to replace Genao, who switched over to first base, taking over for Mike Nottaro.  Kyle hit a walk-off, opposite field HR over the right field fence.  TJ got the win for the game and Kyle got a boost in confidence as he has struggled at the plate this season.

It was way too close, but I don't think the people around us felt like ORU was going to lose the game, even when WIU tied it.

:mrgreen:

my son got the home run ball that price hit and he took to him and price signed it, :-D

Thats pretty sweet.