Michael Hollimon...

ORUalum

...could be ORU's next major leaguer set back by injury.

Mike Hollimon lacks luck of the Irish -- March 17

LINK

Injured Hollimon has high hopes -- April 1

(excerpt)

The switch-hitter from Dallas was playing third base for the Tigers against the Reds in Sarasota, Fla., and injured his shoulder while trying to backhand a bad-hop grounder down the line.

"I had a bead on it and I dove and thought I was going to make the play," Hollimon said. "Then it hit a rock and jumped straight up. When I was diving, my chest was pointing down and I reached up to get it, but it went over my glove. When I hit the ground, my elbow hit and my shoulder popped out."

Baseball America ranks Hollimon as the Tigers' fourth-best prospect.

In his Double-A rookie season with the SeaWolves in 2007, Hollimon hit .282 with 14 homers, 34 doubles and 76 runs batted in 127 games. He earned a promotion to Toledo during the final week of the regular season and played in all three of Toledo's first-round International League playoff games. He followed that up by earning a roster spot on Team USA in the IBAF World Cup.

"Whatever plans the Tigers have for me, I'm just going to shut my mouth, put my head down and work as hard as I can," Hollimon said. "I don't have any control over what they think. All I have control over is how hard I prepare and how hard I play."

LINK

Hollimon,%20Michael.jpg

#29 Michael Hollimon (DL) (IF)

Height: 6-1

Throws: R

Weight: 185

Bats: R

DOB: 6/14/1982

Biography:

Originally selected by Los Angeles (NL) in the 32nd round of the 2001 draft (did not sign)...selected by Minnesota in the 49th round of the 2003 draft (did not sign)...selected by Detroit in the 16th round of the 2005 draft...attended Jesuit College Prep High School in Dallas...played on USA Baseball’s 16-and-under team that won a gold medal at the 1998 Youth Championships...attended the University of Texas in 2002 and hit .262 (55-210) as a freshman...hit .236 (25-106) as a sophomore at Texas in 2003...hit .225 (39-173) as a junior at Texas in 2004...went to Oral Roberts University for his senior season in 2005 and batted .304 (70-230) with 14 HR and 55 RBI in 62 games...was named the Mid-Continent Conference Co-Player of the Year...resides in Dallas, TX.

LINK

nice to see Mike doing well.... :-)