ORU Basketball Fans

orumom

From time to time we get rather heated on a topic. Today I read a blog by Phil Cooke (a member of the ORU Board of Reference)

The part that applied to ORU fans to me was:

The people who complain the most, are the people who have no stake in the outcome.

People who’s job depends on performance don’t complain much because if something fails, it’s their fault. But the members of your team or employees in your office that aren’t directly responsible for the success or failure of your project or company, are usually the first ones to whine and moan.

Good constructive criticism is good. But whining and complaining sow seeds of strife that will destroy a project, company, or organization.

So make sure every member of your team has a stake in the outcome. Make sure they’re responsible for something that matters. It will make a dramatic difference in their attitude – and your chances of success

Most of the people on this board are those who have invested the most of themselves.  What I want to say is if someone is complaining about attendance, scoreboard, website, facilities, etc.....put your money and you time where your mouth is & I'll bet things will look brighter to you  :-D

http://www.philcooke.com/Stake_in_the_outcome