ORUalum

...Van Horn humbled a bit i think

BASEBALL: Oral Roberts Handles Arkansas, Again

Last updated Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:09 PM CDT

in Razorback Central

By Vernon Tarver

The Morning News

(excerpt)

TULSA, Okla. - Arkansas might have the upper hand on the overall series. But after Tuesday night there's no denying Oral Roberts is in complete control of the Razorbacks as of late.

Led by a complete-game outing from starting pitcher Kelly Minissale, the Golden Eagles (25-8) completed the two-game season sweep against Arkansas. And just like last week in Fayetteville, Oral Roberts handled the Diamond Hogs in convincing fashion with a 12-2 win in front of a crowd of 1,883 at J.L. Johnson Stadium.

"This week it really was a massacre," Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn said. "Last week, we lost 9-4 and I guess it was a massacre. But this week you could say it was."

"You know, we're pitching with midweek guys," Van Horn said. "But so are they."

Oral Roberts got all the runs it needed with three in the first. But it was in the sixth inning where the Golden Eagles broke the game open, scoring six times to take an 11-0 lead at the time.

"Obviously they're in the SEC and we're in The Summit League," Oral Roberts coach Rob Walton said. "But I don't look at it like what conference each team is in. Basically I've changed our schedule so that we're playing SEC talent every week.

"So I'm going to put my schedule against any team from the SEC or the Big 12 and it will match up."

LINK

I guess our mid week guys are better than his mid week guys. 

Unless Rob secretly hid Kelly's pitching talent for 4 years, gave him a modest amount of mound time this season just to ambush Van Horn and gang.  Maybe Kelly has been our secret ace all the time and we asked him to sandbag a little so no one would really expect it.

Makes you wonder:  if Arkansas were to fire Van Horn, venture a guess as to who they might come after as their next head coach?

Props to the Rob and the guys - they were "big league" last night.

Makes you wonder:  if Arkansas were to fire Van Horn, venture a guess as to who they might come after as their next head coach?

I would think that Rob will be on the short list of OU or Arkansas if a change were to be made.

Seems to me that Van Horn is just making weak excuses...he should just acknowledge that in 2008, we appear to be the better team....at least at this point in the season....maybe they will see us again in the NCAA tournament...that is, IF they make it.... :-D