Anything I should know for Monday...

rlh

OK, ORU fans....we'll be doing the Woman's and Men's game Monday night on TV....any tidbits I should know that will make for a more entertaining telecast....any secrets from the coaching staff we should know about..... :wink:

Some of the obvious things:

ORU is rebounding the ball well right now.

The Golden Eagles have struggled with turnovers this season, but have (relatively) cut down on the give-aways in the last couple of games.

The team has several offensive weapons in addition to Caleb Green with Owens, Michalec and Bluitt contributing - as well as some bench players (Ogunoye and Fowlkes). Tutt continues to struggle from the field.

Tip: Don't double team Green. Just play him one-on one.

I figured there would be a lot of "trash" talking going on, but quite the contrary....I think this could be a great game, and am really looking forward to it...the Women's game too looks like it could be a good one....it should be an eventful Monday night....Hope to see some of you there...if you come, make sure to introduce yourselves....Love to meet you....

I can't wait until your boy Kone get's his ringer jolted by Big Mick. We're gonna make this guy wish he was back in juco where he could "pretty much dominate the competition".

I didn't realize vcboy2000 was on the team....otherwise, I doubt that "we" will have anything to do with what happens Monday night....I think "Big Mick" will find Mo is more than 2000 apparently thinks he is...doesn't mean he' won't be outplayed by "mick", but it won't be all that easy...Oh, well.....I think WE will be ready....I'll try to be as unbiased as possible in my reporting, just as I hope your guys are when we're in Tulsa the end of January.......(not practical on either side)

Okay, I'll break character here for a bit. Since TheEagleMan hasn't posted on any ORU boards in a couple years now, I'll provide the most annoying response I can think of -

WOO, TIME TO KICK SOME VALPO BUTT!!! TIME FOR SOME PREDICTIONS FROM PHILLY. GREEN MAKES OPPLAND LOOK LIKE A GIRL AND GOES FOR 30 AND 15, BABY. TUTT KICKS BUTT!!! KONE BREAKS A NAIL, AND THE VALPO CHEERLEADERS ARE UGLY. VALPO NEEDS A "W" TO REESTABLISH THEMSELVES IN THE CONFERENCE. SORRY CRUSADERS, NO WIN FOR YOU, ORU WINS 98 TO 55 AND VALPO ANNOUNCES THE SIGNING OF 7-FOOT KRYZZRRQWTR PTRRRZTMMT OF EASTERN COMMUNANIA IN EASTERN EUROPE TO BRING VALPO BACK TO GLORY. PROPS TO SCOTT DREW FOR THE ASSIST ON THAT ONE, SINCE HE COULND'T QUALIFY ANYWHERE ELSE. HEY VALPO, BITE ME!

Okay, I tried my best, lol. Try as I might, I couldn't equal his number of grammatical and spelling errors.

Seriously though, I look forward to a good game tomorrow night.

I didn't realize vcboy2000 was on the team....otherwise, I doubt that "we" will have anything to do with what happens Monday night....I think "Big Mick" will find Mo is more than 2000 apparently thinks he is...doesn't mean he' won't be outplayed by "mick", but it won't be all that easy...Oh, well.....I think WE will be ready....I'll try to be as unbiased as possible in my reporting, just as I hope your guys are when we're in Tulsa the end of January.......(not practical on either side)

That's right, rlh. "WE" are gonna put a nice lickin on your "Ice Cream Kone". Make sure to bring your napkins, too. You're gonna need it to clean up after we wipe Kone all over the floor. :cry:

And will somebody please tell Oppland to stop running on his tippy toes like a lil girl. :oops: This is basketball, not ballet. If he wants to put on a tutu and go run around in tights, I would be more than happy to direct him to the Tulsa Peforming Arts Center. I'm sure they would love to have him as a traveling performer on staff.

Now Coach Drew is a class act. I have nothing negative to say about him. I just hope that he will continue to be gracious in defeat after the 2 losses we will hang on his club this season. :x

RLH- "I figured there would be a lot of "trash" talking going on, but quite the contrary..."

:wink:

Let's just make sure we get by today to make the game mean what it should....if either of us stumble, it will take some luster off the game....(although not that much with the rivalry now in full gear)

Ha! That EagleMan impersonation was spot on. I wonder whatever happened to him...

mom! You ditched the joke!! I've talked to that guy a few times myself!! You should have left it on.

Guest Rob Marshall

Here's one for you RLH, Green ALWAYS turns to his left to shoot (baby hooks, jumpers, and lay-ups). Point that out during your pre-game analysis and you might just look like a prophet when he does that some fifteen (15) times during the game! :wink:

I'm still waiting to see an "up-and-under" move in the low post from this VERY talented player. Green is a great player who could be ever better ... now that is scary!

It was a bad joke for those of you who missed it, but you shouldn't have deleted it mom. Don't give in to the pressure. :D