Baseball on!!!

tmh8286

Gents up 3-1 in the 4th.....replay of last night?.... 8-)

ORU has taken the lead, 5-3 in the seventh.

Ben Petralli, playing third and batting third in this first game, was ejected earlier for kicking his batting helmet after being called out on a phantom tag in the base path to end an ORU rally.

Rob Walton spent the entire time between innings wearing out the first base umpire.

Apparently, the umps are even more bleary-eyed than the players today...  :x

I LOVE Geoff Haxton as our announcer, so this is IN NO WAY intended as a comparison between them or anything, but I sure enjoy hearing Cris do a game once in a while.  He's got a unique perspective on things sometimes :wink:!  Always fun to hear him do a game.  Great job this weekend, Cris!

This game is shaping up remarkably similar to last night's game.  Can you say extra innings, Baby?!?

What is the score/inning now?  I'm stuck at the office and am reading the posts to keep up.  Thanks!

these stats keep going down.  ORU really needs to get something consistent going.

Anybody got a score update for me?

ORU leads 7-4 in the top of the ninth, and threatening more.

T.J. Kelly came in in relief of an ineffective Carlos Luna in the bottom of the eighth, and redeemed himself for his ninth inning meltdown last night - wiggled out of a bases-loaded, no outs jam with just one run scoring.

Centenary must have no pitching left....starter has gone the distance and given up 15 hits...he must be on fumes by now.... :-D

T.J. Price came in in relief of an ineffective Carlos Luna in the bottom of the eighth, and redeemed himself for his ninth inning meltdown last night - wiggled out of a bases-loaded, no outs jam with just one run scoring.

T.J. Kelly ????

whoops....Gents just brought on a reliever in the 9th...kraft the starter must have thrown 150 pitches for sure....ouch! :-D

T.J. Kelly ????

My bad - I morphed T.J. Kelly with Kyle Price!

Good guys add a sac fly RBI to make it 8-4; headed to the bottom of the ninth...

8-4 now in the 9th...no long balls again...must not be a hitters park down there...then again, ORU does not appear to have a lot of home run sluggers this season....is that the case?

We failed to hold a 4 run lead in the 9th last night...let's hope we can hold them today...not needing another extra inning affair after last night's marathon and 2 more games left to play....

ORU has plenty of home run hitters - the wind is howling in from left field, and the Centenary pitchers ain;t exactly dogmeat.

Kelly retires the first batter of the ninth on a slow roller.