Bracket Buster Game....

ORUTerry

When is ESPN scheduled to make the pairings for the bracket buster games? Dollars to donuts that they will pair us up with Wichita State....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read today that the pairings will be announced on Monday on ESPNews. However, I don't know the time - and I would assume that the announcement will only cover the TV games - and I'm doubtful that we'll land in a TV game. That said, I don't believe the Shockers will be our opponent, as they're likely deserving of a TV matchup!

I know no one in Tulsa would appreciate this, but I'm hopeful of a ORU-Boise State matchup. They would be a decent opponent from a larger conference (WAC) - not too difficult to travel to (one-connection flight with no bus travel to a smaller town) - and a rabid (though small :) ) ORU fan base!

Bring on the Broncos!

Depends on the definition of "drivable" - It's about 350 miles of two lane road through the mountains - an 8 hour drive with no snow - could be an 8 week trip with snow (depending on the Spring thaw)!

I think I'll sit here by my computer on the 18th, listening to the Buzz, and save up for the Mid-Con Tourney!