A magical moment this weekend

tmh8286

I tried twice to post this earlier, but lost it both times when spell checking.  It was such an exciting thing, though, that I wanted to try again. 

The magical moment is now known by everyone that follows ORU baseball, but I think it still deserves re-telling.

In the Saturday game against Dallas Baptist, ORU struggled at the plate and just never seemed to be able to get things going.  They trailed throughout the early innings of the game.  In several innings the first two ORU batters would get out, then we'd get a runner or two, once even three, on base, and then get the third out.

So entering the bottom of the eighth it was 4-1, Patriots.  BVK was the first batter up, and homered.  As had happened numerous times previously, though, the next two batters grounded out.  But the  relief pitcher for DBU struggled with control and the next two batters get on base, so it's two outs with two on.

The next batter up was Price, and he was headed for the plate before being called back - Big Pat Murray was going to pinch hit (I love that name - sounds big and tough - like a character from "Streets of New York" or something).  Murray steps to the plate, and the DBU pitcher fires two strikes, right down the middle - Pat winced a bit at the second called strike - so Pat is sitting on two outs and an 0-2 pitch count.  The next pitch was right down the middle as well, but this time Big Pat took a mighty swing, and you knew the second it came off the bat that it was out of the park.  Fans were yelling, teammates were cheering, you almost expected fireworks, like in "The Natural"!  It was truly a magical moment.

I was glad I was there for that.

:-D...awesome moment!!!...and a much needed win to tune up for the Horns...