Dallas Baptist score?

theeagleman5

anybody got a score?...i need a pick me up after that loss to Pitt today.........

ORU 4, DBU 1 in the bottom of the 7th.  Jerry Sullivan is still pitching for us, but has 0 strikeouts for the game.  We also have only 4 hits compared to Dallas Baptist's 8 hits (a lot of runners left on base for the visitors).

Dallas Baptist???....are they THAT good?....they have already beaten us once....

They are very good..... regularly beat teams in the Big 12 and elsewhere.

Final score 5-1, ORU. 

Beautiful night at the ball park; it was theraputic being out there this evening. 

BTW, I LOVE the new score board.  It really looks good out there, especially after dark. 

I'll try to get one today or tomorrow.  It looks really good at night.  It looks fairly similar in size and shape to the old one, but in place of the old light bulb numbers, the new board has red digital numbers.  It took me a game or two to get used to the new look, but now that I have I LOVE it!  Along the top of the board is a video screen.  At this point they're rotating sponsors on it throughout the game, but I've been told that they have the capability to post pictures and stats of the players as they come to the plate, which maybe they'll do eventually.

It's a nice step up from what we had, I think.

From the condition the old board had become,  a big chalk board in the outfield would have been an upgrade.

I guess the old one had done its duty over the years though. 

would love to see a pic of that new board......

I got some last night, but they didn't turn out all that great - plus, as OKCE pointed out to me, we REALLY don't want pictures of THAT score posted on the message board :-D!  I'll try to get some more pics today, and get them on here later.

I mentioned previously that there were plans to put player info on the video board, and last night they had names, numbers and pictures of the players up there!  I wasn't completely sure if they'd had those before last night, and I'd missed them, so I double-checked with my wife to see if she'd noticed them before, and she said she hadn't.  So, to my knowledge, last night was the first time they had player info and pictures up on the new board.  I'm telling you - it's pretty cool 8-).

Hey Bogus, Jerry Sullivan had 8 strikeouts, Carlos Luna had 2 strikeouts and TJ had 1 K for us.

Sorry about the misinformation, Irish.  :-(

I was getting that information from the LiveStats application while in Denver.  In looking at last night's "game" (after reading your post), I found that LiveStats doesn't keep track of Ks during the game as there were no strikeouts for any of our pitchers after the game was already over.  I'm now better informed about the limitations of some of the details of LiveStats.

Here's a pic of the scoreboard.  I've got a few others - I'll try to go through them and provide a couple of other views.

2003953852205493925_rs.jpg

very nice scoreboard...what are they building beyond the outfield wall? Glad we came back and won the rubber game yesterday vs. DBU....they must be pretty good...hopefully we saved our pitching ace for the Texas game monday night???

very nice scoreboard...what are they building beyond the outfield wall? Glad we came back and won the rubber game yesterday vs. DBU....they must be pretty good...hopefully we saved our pitching ace for the Texas game monday night???

The city is redirecting and reinforcing Fred Creek that goes through the campus.  Once that project is done later this summer, we will start work on an indoor sports practice facility east of the tennis courts and north of JL Johnson.  We have to wait for all of the earth moving work to finish to stay out of the way with that project.  The facility will be nice for all of the sports, except basketball, to have a place to practice during bad weather.

As for the game tomorrow, Rob has always kept his starting rotation for the weekends - Sullivan, Serrano, Jarman -  and left the weekday games (usually playing against bigger names) for those that are working into the rotation.  He is not big on making the mid-week games a huge deal so that the players will focus on the weekend series and also to help develop the pitching staff against some quality opponents.  That is how Erik Crichton, Chris Ashman, Chance Chapman and Jerry Sullivan got their starts in becoming "household names" within the ORU baseball community.  It will probably be pitching by committee tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamontagne start tomorrow since he didn't pitch that much in the Friday night game.  Carroll and Dunn might see some action, too.

Here are a couple more pics of the new board:

2001590391333026502_rs.jpg

This pic shows how nice the board looks at night (please ignore the score :oops: )  Notice that they have a player pic, number and name on the video screen.

2001515672338180302_rs.jpg

2001583100656899804_rs.jpg

2001504544351939267_rs.jpg