Post Game Thoughts

prezalum 05/06

First, and it's already been mentioned, great season, no one thought we'd do what we did, it was definitely a fun year!

I thought we shot ourselves out of the game in the first half.  Too many 3's put up, and when we missed our shots they were off and running.  Pitt came out cold but when they got their transition game going, they really starting hitting shots.  When we were able to slow them down and force missed shots, they got WAY too many offensive boards, that really hurt us.  A real problem our team had this year, in my opinion, was the inability of our guards to get to the bucket.  Even though Ken was a great shooter, he really developed as a penetrator, and I would say that was something we really lacked this year.  I was definitely disappointed that we didn't try to establish an inside game in the first half, we never got Lewis and King going.  I did love Hardy playing so much!  I thought he was a man out there, I really love the way he plays.  He's all about going to the bucket, and getting a good shot for himself or for someone else, I really thought he was a bright spot for us in the game.

Obviously we ran into a bit of a buzz-saw.  We all hoped maybe they would have a bit of hangover from last weekend and that they would overlook us, but it just didn't happen.  That team is for real and I would look for them to make a solid run the next couple of weeks.  Disappointing loss no doubt, but it was a tough draw and it just wasn't our year.  Here's to next year!