oru gets a 16 seed

jmg1984

At least they get to play them at a neutral court (Purdue - West Lafayette, IN).  Maybe the crowd will be for the underdog!

I really cannot stand Pat Summitt...good coach but she is irritating....would love to see us knock her out but let's face it....this one has 85-40 written all over it.....ouch!

....would love to see us knock her out but let's face it....this one has 85-40 written all over it.....ouch!

Unfortunately, you are probably right, Eagleman.  I love Fink and the women's program, but at some point, the coaches are going to need to upgrade the recruiting to get a couple of players that are a notch or two above the level that we have been able to attract and get our women's program to the point that it can win a game or two in the Big Dance.  We compete favorably against OU, SDSU and others in our League, but that doesn't get us any traction when competing at a higher level - whether against Texas Tech, OSU or others that are in a higher conference that compete in the Big Dance.

unfortunately the top womens teams get all the best talent with very little left for the smaller schools

There is a serious gulf between the top 15-20 teams in women's basketball and the remaining teams.... There always has been.  Not sure if there are limited amount of top athletes or what.

Did anyone see the story last week about Krista (Reagan) and Nathan Binan and their job coaching the Coweta girls program? They moved to Coweta this year (from Glenpool?) and took a team school that had not been in the playoff for 15 years to the state championship (lost). Sounds like a nice recruiting base.....

unfortunately the top womens teams get all the best talent with very little left for the smaller schools

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not buying it...we are ORU!!  We are unique and have something different to offer than the rest of the schools.

Did anyone see the story last week about Krista (Reagan) and Nathan Binan and their job coaching the Coweta girls program? They moved to Coweta this year (from Glenpool?) and took a team school that had not been in the playoff for 15 years to the state championship (lost). Sounds like a nice recruiting base.....

Krista is going to be a great coach at the college level some day, if that is what she aspires to be.  She did a great job at Glenpool and has done an excellent job at Coweta in such a short period of time.  In order to win a championship, she is going to need to stay in one place for a period of time to build the program and the players that would be coming up the ranks.  Nathan provides a great support and knowledge of the game to make Krista successful.

That's the biggest load of B.S. I've heard in a while. Just because some small schools in the conference can't compete with big name schools doesn't mean all small schools can't. In the 4 years we have been D-1, we have knocked off big name Big 12, Big 10, SEC, Pac 10 and ACC schools. Using my sources as a College Sports Reporter I was able to find out if the Jacks would have been eligible for the Big Dance this year they would have been somewhere in the 8-12 seed range. If you have a coach that can cultivate the talent, then you will be competitive against top notch competition. Good Luck against UT.