Re: Ruben Diaz: The Stupidest Man Alive!

Old Titan

OK, forgove me the Keith Olberman hyperbole, but if you saw the Channel 8 sports Sunday night, you know what I'm talking about.

Coming back from the break, this is pretty much how Diaz led off the sports portion of the show:

"Having already won the Summit League championship this past week, the only real question for the Oral Roberts University men's basketball team on NCAA Selection Sunday was whether they could avoid a dreaded #16 seed."

Complete with a graphic behind his head of Eli, and a big "16" with a question mark.

Memo to Ruben:  there were a lot of questions about location, and opponents, and match-ups, and game times, etc. on Sunday.

The ONLY thing that was a 100% leadpipe cinch was that ORU would NOT be a #16 seed.

Or even a #15.

And the possibility of a #14 was about 20%.

How could someone who does this for a living be so clueless?

Has he been hiding under a rock?

Does he not own a computer?  Or a TV?  Or a radio?

Come to think of it, when was the last time anyone can remember seeing him in the Mabee Center for an event that didn't involve free food?

Is he like the guy in the ESPN commercial who's opinions on sports only eminate from the seat of his pants?

HOW DOES THIS GUY STILL HAVE A JOB IN SPORTS BROADCASTING???  :x

You just blew your plan out the door big-time OT, but it was just a matter of time anyways :-D./

He is an embarrassment..... I feel sad for him and poor Chris Lincoln who has to put up with that. Wonder what Geoff Haxton thinks?

You just blew your plan out the door big-time OT, but it was just a matter of time anyways :-D./

This has nothing to do our "lay low" approach regarding Pittsburgh.

This has everything to do with my continued frustration with the weekend guy at our ABC affiliate.

He is a menace to sports-loving people everywhere, and he must be stopped.  :wink:

He was at the Creighton game and stood up in front of me (we are in the front row) until I wanted to tell him to either sit down & quit flirting or to cheer for us!

Tulsa World says we have a Marcus Liberty. Maybe they think we cloned two of our players?

Tulsa World says we have a Marcus Liberty. Maybe they think we cloned two of our players?

That's an understandable "old school" gaffe:  Marcus Liberty was a star with the University of Illinois in the late Eighties who went on to play in the NBA.

Blame "March Madness Fatigue" for that slip...  :-P

Did anyone else catch the "Oreo" remark that was mentioned on the show last night?  I couldn't believe my ears!  If we were in a big-metro market, I believe that someone's job would have been on the line.  As it was, Diaz didn't know HOW to handle it and therefore just tried to laugh it off.  I fully expected not to see the Sports Animal dude on the set when it came back from commercial break.

Don't leave out that Diaz still believes ORU is still in the Mid-Con!

You still see that Midcon stuff around. Diaz isn't the only one. www.realtimerpi.com still has us in the Midcon as well and I recall seeing several others. I wonder how many seasons it will take to sort all that out (I think the Tulsa World is good on this one  :-D).

That's an understandable "old school" gaffe:  Marcus Liberty was a star with the University of Illinois in the late Eighties who went on to play in the NBA.

Blame "March Madness Fatigue" for that slip...  :-P

It took me half of the season to get our transfers straight - I referred to them early on as Marcus Allen and Curtis Lewis :|:oops::lol:!!!

I'm glad you posted this OT. I watched Channel 8 last night, saw the same thing, and about came thru the TV set.

Maybe he and Chris Plank can get together and share their immense sports knowledge together on a show. They could name the show....DUMB and DUMBER!

I can't watch him ever since he got his braces removed. The only reason to watch was 'cause it was like a little kid trying to do the grown up sportscast.

I only have ONE (1) question...why do you guys watch KTUL sports?  I quit that years ago when Travis Meyer went to KOTV (weather was the only reason I was on channel 8 news in Tulsa anyway and if sports trickled on before I could change I might have caught a lil Zig real quickly)... :wink:

Confession, I did watch the KTUL Sunday sports special when Ruben Diaz had RC on to announce his LOI (aka, LOP...love of pork) 'live' back in November, other than that night I seriously can't tell you when I've watched KTUL news for anything.  :evil:

I only have ONE (1) question...why do you guys watch KTUL sports?  I quit that years ago when Travis Meyer went to KOTV (weather was the only reason I was on channel 8 news in Tulsa anyway and if sports trickled on before I could change I might have caught a lil Zig real quickly)... :wink:

Confession, I did watch the KTUL Sunday sports special when Ruben Diaz had RC on to announce his LOI (aka, LOP...love of pork) 'live' back in November, other than that night I seriously can't tell you when I've watched KTUL news for anything.   :evil:

I watch Channel 8 just to see Frank Mitchell try to explain how he could be so wrong about the previous day's forecast.

Seriously, I love their promos:  Frank surveying storm-damaged towns, with a look on his face like, "Wow - didn't see this coming!" :-P

He was at the Creighton game and stood up in front of me (we are in the front row) until I wanted to tell him to either sit down & quit flirting or to cheer for us!

LOL, ahh I didn't know Ruben "King of Misinformation" Diaz was still working his magic on the ladies of Tulsa. His game used to consist of asking young girls "if they recognized him from TV". Sounds like that hasn't changed. I guess finding a lady friend who isn't taller than he is must be full-time work, so I can understand him not keeping up with ORU.

LOL, ahh I didn't know Ruben "King of Misinformation" Diaz was still working his magic on the ladies of Tulsa. His game used to consist of asking young girls "if they recognized him from TV". Sounds like that hasn't changed. I guess finding a lady friend who isn't taller than he is must be full-time work, so I can understand him not keeping up with ORU.

nm

It took me half of the season to get our transfers straight - I referred to them early on as Marcus Allen and Curtis Lewis :|:oops::lol:!!!

nfj8h.png