Host hotel for Mid-Con tourney?

Stl VU Fan

Is Marriot Southern Hills the "host" hotel again this year, and are they offering a special fan rate?

By the way, there is a link to buy tickets at mid-con.com, but the startickets.com doesn't seem to know about the event yet.

Guest Rob Marshall

STL, yes, the Marriott IS the official tournament hotel once again. In keeping with the Mid Con bias again Valparaiso (well at least the one from Tulsa), I believe when you mention that you are a VU fan your room rate doubles though so be forewarned. :wink:

Regarding Star Tickets, it is my understanding that the ticket situation is under review. There has been some changeover of personnel locally with Star Tickets and so I'd go with the mid-con.com link to purchase your tickets.

And by the way STL, thank you for your support of the tournament. I wish we had 5,600 fans as committed and as passionate as you.

STL, yes, the Marriott IS the official tournament hotel once again. In keeping with the Mid Con bias again Valparaiso (well at least the one from Tulsa), I believe when you mention that you are a VU fan your room rate doubles though so be forewarned. :wink:

Regarding Star Tickets, it is my understanding that the ticket situation is under review. There has been some changeover of personnel locally with Star Tickets and so I'd go with the mid-con.com link to purchase your tickets.

And by the way STL, thank you for your support of the tournament. I wish we had 5,600 fans as committed and as passionate as you.

Thanks, Rob. You guys do a very good job down there.

The mid-con link DOES take you to startickets.com, that is the only way presented to buy tickets on-line.

I'm still toying with the idea of buying a VIP package, except that this year I probably won't be able to enjoy the food since I'm on a medically supervised diet. I'll be bringing my own food with me. However, if there were a microwave back there in the VIP room, then I'd be sure to go for it.

Guest Rob Marshall

I'm sure there is a microwave available somewhere in the facility. Hope you're doing well with your diet. Look for the ticket situation to resolve itself within the next month (ie, by the end of January or 4-6 weeks prior to the tournament maybe sooner).