WWW.WARRENNOLAN.COM

ORU GRAD

Interesting RPI Site and click to 2006. Look at our match up at Minn. and they would have to be a 8 point favorite tonight. They are on a 6 win streak and 5 at home. Good way to judge where we are but our strength of schedule seems to be better? 8) Go to basketball/2006/compare teams.Maybe you can put that on a click? Thanks

That's a GREAT site, ORU GRAD. By that comparison, it doesn't seem that we match up too well, at least statistics-wise.

But stats don't tell the whole story, and that, as rlh likes to say, is why we play the game. I'm hoping that ORU overcomes stats, puts together two full halves, and pulls off the upset.

BTW, when is Minnesota going to come down and play us at OUR PLACE around New Years' Day? We've been up there several times.

From Warrannolan.com -

What do these things mean?

Missouri State - 8(RPI), 38(Coaches), Unranked(AP)

Oklahoma - 121(RPI), 15(Coaches), 14(AP)

USC - 207(RPI), UNranked(Coaches), 37!(AP)

USC is getting some big time love in the AP poll.

BTW, when is Minnesota going to come down and play us at OUR PLACE around New Years' Day? We've been up there several times.

TMH, don't get your hopes up. In a word, I would guess "NEVER"!! These games with Big 10 teams are one-off, guarantee games which helps the program pay for things like locker room improvements, dorm room enhancements and other things to help build the program.

I think that you're already aware of this, but your question is probably one that a lot of fans probably wonder in the back of their mind and just don't know what gives with us continuing to play these guys on the road.

Here's hoping for a great win today to start off 2006 at .500!! GO EAGLES!!

Yeah, Bogus, that was really intended as a rhetorical question. We're fortunate for the opportunity. If I'm not mistaken, Dan Monson and Scott Sutton are friends, and that is probably why we've been up there several times. Both an opportunity as well as good money for ORU.

Even so, there's nothing I'd enjoy more than to get up some Jan.1 all blurry eyed from staying up late, knowing that we had to get up and ready for a 12:00 tipoff against Minnesota at MABEE CENTER!