OU Bus Trip

MrsSmith

We went in cars to the game yesterday, but got our tickets from the GEC. I was disappointed with our seats (although not suprised). Besides being 2 rows from the top we weren't around other Eagle fans. Even in our row, our 4 seats were separated by 2 OU season ticket holders, but they let us sit together. I really missed my wonderful Mabee center seats.

I wondered how the bus trip went.

On a side note, my son is going to OU so he sat in the student section. I heard he was cheering for ORU though. Successful parenting - I'm proud.

:D

There is benefit in not being a comformist.... they stuck us with bad seats too. But that did not stop us. We looked down for the best open seats and sat five rows back from the bench. I wish more ORU fans would have joined us down there. We had plenty of open seats. I assumed that they had seated the bus trip participants together but did not see an ORU section. Did they disperse us throughout Lloyd Noble? If I had thought, I would have organized a 'gathering' of fans to open sections.

Mrs. Smith, you have good reason to be proud. You know you've been successful as a parent when your child is unafraid to express his faith (in the Golden Eagles) even when he's amongst a group of hostile peers.

You and Bogus have done us and yourselves proud!!!

I asked Rhett where the people on the busses sat. He said small groups of around 5 to 10 all over the place. We drove and enjoyed playing tag with the Smiths, even though I don't think they noticed us, the car with them that had students waived :D

We were on an end over the tunnel and there were quite a few of us. The Tutt family, Green family, Matt Gastel & Amnity, etc. Our big complaint was the blimp floating between us and the court. We would have had a better view in our living room.

One of my friends that rode the bus said their driver has out on the edge of the lot and an OU fan had parked her new looking car out away from everyone else (to avoid scratches). The bus driver decided to park between a poll and the little car ---------result, the bus hit the car. That lady might want to tell her husband it was a meteor.